Dreaded GM 3800 intake manifold gasket problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, exactly but they are probably injecter rings, I can't remember how many orings were on the injecters when I did my UIM, but to be honest I didn't even replace them. Nothing happened.

You may be better suited visiting a 3800 forum for more detailed instructions. You should replace the LIM gaskets at the same time. It is a 100% chance that they have some type of external or internal leakeage even if its very minor.

Ooops, never mind. Looks like they are for the injectors. (I'm from the carburetor generation.) Thanks for the replies!!

Last edited:
Quote:
The kit has 12 blue orings and 6 sleeves about the size of the orings

Yes the blue O-rings are for the injectors, i was wondering about these 6 sleeves.

I bought lower injector orings from Autozone and Napa (each store had 1 pkg of 4 orings in stock) which are thinner than the blue ones, and look exactly like the old ones that came out of the motor.

I believe the blue ones in the kit might have worked between the injectors and the fuel rail, but I'm not sure because I didn't disconnect them.

The other 6 blue orings and the sleeves (called spacers in another article I found) look like they are for a different injector model, probably just for a different year (perhaps from the 90's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back