Drake's Brewing buys Bear Republic

I'm not sure how many have had Drake's. They pretty much local and don't have the wide distribution of Bear Republic. They're going to eventually move all production of Bear Republic beers from Sonoma County to Drake's brewery in San Leandro, California.

Last edited:
That Beer is awesome, I am hoping it is still the same? The old labels were great, I should have saved a bottle of the old lable!

Haven't tried it in a while. But this is the new label for anyone wondering. The bottle shape is the same, but the label is just blue on yellow.

rawImage.jpg

Japanese companies have been buying up a lot of American manufacturing lately. My aunt works for Ragu, and a Japanese company purchased them a few years ago. It's become a huge deal. Japanese companies are now buying out a ton of Whisky and beer breweries, not sure why.

Japanese companies have been buying up a lot of American manufacturing lately. My aunt works for Ragu, and a Japanese company purchased them a few years ago. It's become a huge deal. Japanese companies are now buying out a ton of Whisky and beer breweries, not sure why.

It has to be worthwhile. Glico (makers of Pocky) bought out the chocolate company TCHO. They used to based in San Francisco - operating on Pier 17. They ended up moving to a spot straddling Berkeley, Oakland, and Emeryville.

Back