Dr. G on ONR

Dr. G mentioned using ONR at a 6oz/gal dilution ratio. I tried it today as a quick detailer and glass cleaner. Works great. Not really necessary, but it does work and boosts the cleaning power. I did a full wash yesterday using Feynlab Pure Wash, OPC for presoak. ONR is such a great product. These rinseless wash products can really remove the need for an interior and glass cleaner. Also much more ecofriendly compared to some of other products out there. One of the GOATs in the detailing world.

How would u use ONR on interior glass?

I have a 10 yr old bottle of the stuff in my garage.
Just dilute it 256:1. Spray and dry. Works great for windows/glass. (1oz per 2 gallons).

I wipe down my GM Fisher Price interior with it. Works as good as any interior detailing I've used and I've used many. It's non alcohol based too so less risk of drying out plastics.

Just dilute it 256:1. Spray and dry. Works great for windows/glass. (1oz per 2 gallons).

I wipe down my GM Fisher Price interior with it. Works as good as any interior detailing I've used and I've used many. It's non alcohol based too so less risk of drying out plastics.
Have you used it yourself? Can you take it off w/paper towels? I hate using MF cloth on glass because it leaves fibers behind.

Have you used it yourself? Can you take it off w/paper towels? I hate using MF cloth on glass because it leaves fibers behind.
I have yeah. I've been using ONR on/off the last few years. You really need to use a good mf towel or glass cleaning type towel (waffle weave). I'm not sure you can use paper towels, but you could try it.

ONR is one of the few RW's that drops dirty to the bottom.

Zwitterionic.

edited: waffle weave.

Last edited:
Worn-out waffle weave drying towels are the best thing ever for glass.

As for ONR on glass, it is okay, but normal window cleaner works better.
Waffle weave was what I was thinking of. Those are great.

Quite a few on reddit have said they've thrown out their glass cleaners and replace them with ONR. The correct dilution is key and towel used. I don't know if one is better than the other the more I think about it. Some of the glass cleaners I've use (Stoners/Gyeon) do work very well.

Last edited:
I have yeah. I've been using ONR on/off the last few years. You really need to use a good mf towel or glass cleaning type towel (waffle weave). I'm not sure you can use paper towels, but you could try it.

ONR is one of the few RW's that drops dirty to the bottom.

Zwitterionic.

edited: waffle weave.
OKay I have a few towel still wrapped in their packaging. As I get older I find that I hate cleaning interior glass more and more. I'm chasing my tail when it comes to interior film/streaks. I didn't mind it so much when I had newspapers around. Windex and newspaper would fix it real quick.

OKay I have a few towel still wrapped in their packaging. As I get older I find that I hate cleaning interior glass more and more. I'm chasing my tail when it comes to interior film/streaks. I didn't mind it so much when I had newspapers around. Windex and newspaper would fix it real quick.
The key is to follow up with a low/no nap towel - hence the waffle weave recommendation. This will remove any streaks.

Give it a shot. It's 10 years old and I don't know the shelf life of ONR. I know it's been updated 5 times since 2005 with the latest in 2021.

There's two DR.G's? I know of a coroner on the tv with the name of DR.G.

Last edited:
YES. Even at the height of my obsession with collecting and detailing classic cars and car show hopping I still hated to do the interior glass. Windex with newspaper! Yep, that was some of those car show guys and winners little secret back then.

Does this leave a matte or a shiny surface?

Interesting. My interior is matte or low satin and that’s what I prefer. I hate shiny interiors. Too much windshield reflection.
ONR is like a Swiss Army knife. No shine left behind. I bounce back and forth between alcohol based interior detailers and ONR. Megs Quick and Gyeon are good ones. Majority alcohol based.

I’ve been using ONR for ages now, not exclusively, but it’s a great addition to the arsenal. And I’m not into car detailing at all now. Definitely a great product.

Nowadays I use it mostly on my motorcycles, it’s great especially on chrome. Shines it right up and leaves no streaks.

They have a version with wax, it’s green I think. Did anyone try it? How does it compare to the regular blue one?

They have a version with wax, it’s green I think. Did anyone try it? How does it compare to the regular blue one?
Not much of a difference. Blue is a more versatile product.
Another excellent use for ONR is to use it as an interior wipedown product. Mix it at wash dilution (in a bucket), use a towel to wipedown surfaces.

Back