Does Griot's Garage DA work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Honda Odyssey 204K on the clock

Obligatory reflection shot

Top is the window, bottom is the door panel

This side (driver side) has 1-step Griot's Garage sealant and GG Spray Wax

This side of the hood (passenger side) did NOT get GG DA treatment. Last year I had used the Walmart wax spreader with M105. The "scratch" is actually the reflection of the antenna

This side of the hood (drivers side) got the full M105/M205 etc treatment

The rear quarter panel

My objective was to have the the paint reflection as good as the glass reflection but alas, no such luck! You can see the stripes on the shirt on the glass but not on the paint.

I do see some marring and the windshield needs some help but considering the miles and age of the vehicle I'd say you hit a homer!

After posting the pictures what really surprised me is that the other side which I did one step sealant and spray wax (all GG products) came out quite good. Some would say it even looks little warmer. It could be just the way light is reflecting off it or it could be the spray wax. That is my step side :) It is against the garage wall, so I usually spend lot less time on that side when it comes to detailing.

I also have to confess that the Camry has not been washed in years. The van had a no-touch wash about a month ago. I used Poor Boy's Spray N Wash (or whatever Rick had recommended) and couple of microfibers to remove the dirt and let the DA run wild on both the vehicles. I clayed only couple of panels. All of the Camry work was done outside in the sun. So, I broke almost all of the ten commandment of the detailing but the end results still came out good enough.

Of you click (and click again) you will get the full size image. Be prepared for significant road rash though!

Last edited:
Must have added few MPG; got consistently over 25mpg for over 1000 miles round trip MA-MD-VA-MD-MA :) We must have done close to 50-100 these trips in the last 15 years and this is definitely on the high end of the gas mile average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back