Do you use gas brand exclusively ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At home, I use Quick Trip because it's top tier, the cheapest around and offers .05 a gallon off when using their credit card. When traveling, I'll use any major brand--usually ending up at a truck stop.

This. Otherwise, Shell, BP, Amoco, 76, Byrne Dairy...

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

+2 (Assuming Costco isn't around)

Around home, Costco or Sams due to price. Travelling its any name brand.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Gas is gas. I've always used the cheapest I can find, usually HEB,Walmart,Kroger,or QT.

Exactly. I go to Wawa. My wife goes to the cheapest gas station she can find.

Gas is gas. I've always used the cheapest I can find, usually HEB,Walmart,Kroger,or QT.

You've probably opened a can of worms with that statement !
grin.gif

For the most part I just use any station that is convenient. I don't prefer one brand over another, and I'm not driving 10 miles out of the way to save 10 cents. Lately I have been filling up with Shell, but that is because there are 3 stations on my way to work.

Same here. Won't go too far out of my way for it.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

You've probably opened a can of worms with that statement !
grin.gif

I'm not sure if most people on this thread realize it, but gas in one area pretty much all comes from the same source. So the only difference between gas stations is the additive package. So brand loyalty doesn't really matter, that's just being hooked by the brand. I don't even have a problem going to the little mom and pop places if they have a low price. That basically means that they're selling a lot of gas as the only real worry is stale gas in the tank if they don't do much volume.

I generally always use the same station( and normally the same pump) but, I work there....so, bias, and convenience...

If I'm out of town, but in our territory I'll likely find one of our stations... If outside our territory, basically wherever... Whatever station grabs my eye...

Last edited:
usually Sunoco only because I know the lady who owns the station other than that if I'm out running somewhere and I need gas just about anything will do

I use Phillips 66 because it is the only available "top tier" fuel available that I know of in our location. One of the truck stops handled Shell fuels when I first moved here but discontinued that about two years ago and went to a who knows what gasoline.

the cheapest place that is relatively convenient is where I buy my gas. Top tier, low tier, no tier. Whatever, its all gasoline and make cars go. I got this habit from my father back in the early 1960's. He never had an engine failure, I never have and none of my three brothers who follow the same plan have had an engine failure.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
I use chevron gas exclusively . Even while travel. Even chevron cost 20 cent more then other gas cross the street . Still chevron

I'm with you on this.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back