Do yall consider your ride(s) as an extension of your

That's a nice looking car … but not your best looking vehicle 👀

I am, guessing on here most dont.
The pinnacle of automotive excellence on here is buying a beater with over a 100,000 miles on it-and then trying to put another 200,000 on it.

Mind you-I'm not knocking this-but on here that's the way it is for the majority.

Personally-I never keep a car for either myself or wife past 100,000 miles. This way I don't have to deal with water pumps, front end work-and if I am lucky shocks/struts replacement.

That's why your thread has been up here for a few days-and your getting minimal replies.

No one has said my 7 year old Crown Vic (with a black and white paint scheme-push bar in the front)-is really a nice car, makes me look youthful, and really turns heads.....

Last edited:
Would everyone say the Camry is the world's most practical car? Conservative,reliable,affordable,and attractive?

Originally Posted by Malo83
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Sort of, I'm getting old and drive a Buick!

lol.gif
i'm old and retired and i drive a Buick.

Nice. I went with the Lucerne just because it's a little bigger.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Would everyone say the Camry is the world's most practical car? Conservative,reliable,affordable,and attractive?

You forgot "soul slaughtering"

The most walked past on the National lot … although I did have to put my large roller bag in the front seat of a Cooper ragtop in January …

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I had several older guys tell me that when I got older I would lose interest in high performance cars and would want something big and cushy to drive. As my sig indicates, at age 63 the desire for a deadly dull BarcaLounger on wheels has yet to kick in. Prospective future acquisitions include an M2, M4, Stinger GTS, and a Supra.

A Lincoln ad was on TV and I(jokingly) told my wife of 34 years that I thought I would check out a new Lincoln since the rebate and financing deals were so good. She looked over at me and said, "Did you suffer a closed-head injury and then forget to tell me about it?"

Toyota Camry, the official car of "I just want a soul sucking, boring appliance to get me from A to B with absolutely no thrills."

Originally Posted by Skippy722

Toyota Camry, the official car of "I just want a soul sucking, boring appliance to get me from A to B with absolutely no thrills."

MCompact and others often mention you shouldn't judge a car unless you've really driven one.

So to be fair, have you driven a modern one?

I'd have to agree with your comment in my old a Camry. I haven't driven one of the new Camrys, but I do have a lot of experience driving a 16' Avalon, which is less sporty driving except for power than a Camry (except V6 Camrys).

The Avalon we took on a 5k mile road trip in 2 weeks and it did fantastic, you don't take it too fast on the twisty roads but it was comfortable and did just fine, and yes we put the hammer down all the time and drove it hard. Not a boring car overall.

In some ways. As an engineer, its clear to me that subaru's symmetrical AWD and boxer engine installed at the center line of the driveshaft and longitudinal engine mounting is the perfect system for AWD. Even if its not THE best in snow performance, which it is close to the best.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

MCompact and others often mention you shouldn't judge a car unless you've really driven one.

I'd have to agree with your comment in my old a Camry. I haven't driven one of the new Camrys, but I do have a lot of experience driving a 16' Avalon, which is less sporty driving except for power than a Camry (except V6 Camrys).

The Avalon we took on a 5k mile road trip in 2 weeks and it did fantastic, you don't take it too fast on the twisty roads but it was comfortable and did just fine, and yes we put the hammer down all the time and drove it hard. Not a boring car overall.

Have not driven a new one, but they catch my eye, especially the TRD or whatever it's called, but the previous ones were the absolute epitome of dull.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Have not driven a new one, but they catch my eye, especially the TRD or whatever it's called, but the previous ones were the absolute epitome of dull.

Yeah my old one is mind numbingly dull. Slow, slow shifts, baked potato handling, not the most comfortable, etc. but [censored] that thing runs good. I just keep it as an extra car if someone needs it, it's usually my brother.

I just find FWD absolutely pointless in anything bigger than a Civic. ditto for AWD systems which are FWD 90% of the time. As an aside, I realized that the dumbing-down of the typical vehicle operator was virtually irreversible when I had an incompetent fool tell me he couldn't buy a RWD car because he needed a vehicle that he could drive in the rain...

Originally Posted by MCompact
I just find FWD absolutely pointless in anything bigger than a Civic. ditto for AWD systems which are FWD 90% of the time. As an aside, I realized that the dumbing-down of the typical vehicle operator was virtually irreversible when I had an incompetent fool tell me he couldn't buy a RWD car because he needed a vehicle that he could drive in the rain...

You own a BMW and your a BITOG member-those two things automatically make you a superior driver-

Originally Posted by CKN

You own a BMW and your a BITOG member-those two things automatically make you a superior driver-

Well, that and being an HPDE instructor for 24 years.

What problem do you have with fwd based awd in applications that are not primarily performance driven? I have noticed a tiny bit of torque steer in my cx5 in the rain on the 1-2, 2-3 shifts, but in corners where I am too judicious with the throttle and all 4 spin, it's extremely controlled. Rolled onto it in 2nd gear and slide beautifully, reminded me of an STi, back when I was on the stock rubber on hot, slick Texas roads last summer. Other than the faintest twitches on hard shifts in the rain or on steering input at wot, it's been a non issue.

Now in a track vehicle or something with more power, I think it would become increasingly an issue, but so far I've been quite pleased since out and out performance wasnt the prime goal. 1/200 of a second or so of slip before the electromagnetic clutches lock the rear to the front isnt going to change my world in this class of vehicle.

Originally Posted by CKN

No one has said my 7 year old Crown Vic (with a black and white paint scheme-push bar in the front)-is really a nice car, makes me look youthful, and really turns heads.....

No reason at all that shouldn't net you a few job offers as Security Patrol.
At least around these parts, they seem to be the refurbished secret handshake for fleet contract security.

grin2.gif

Back