Disappointed in new quick struts

Height is the same as before as far as I can tell. No lean front/back or side to side. Handling has actually improved vs what I had before. More responsive in corners especially. But...rides super harsh.
You replaced 10 year old soft and worn out struts with brand new ones. Of course they will be stiffer riding. That, and because it's a truck. In a month you will get used to it and forget about it.

I try to tell people on this forum to use the factory springs if they're not damaged by road salt. If you have to replace the springs, use OEM springs from the dealer or Ebay. I'm thinking about buying a set of springs myself and building my own quick struts with the new spring seats and strut mounts. I've read several reviews on Amazon about quick struts increasing the ride height and never settling down.

FCS are the lowest priced shocks/struts on RockAuto. I have used them 5 or 6 times as they fit my customer's budgets. Never had any issues with them but the oldest set installed is only 3 yrs ago. I actually think they are better than the Monroe quickstruts lol
This has been out experience as well. I've warranted more Monroe quick struts and shocks for noise or leaks than I can count. We install KYB when we can get them, but if we can't FCS are more available in our area, and we have yet to see any come back.

This has been out experience as well. I've warranted more Monroe quick struts and shocks for noise or leaks than I can count. We install KYB when we can get them, but if we can't FCS are more available in our area, and we have yet to see any come back.
I’ve heard the AAP/Carquest ones are not bad either. I think they are made by PRT.

About to change Monroe's on the Focus.. squeek squeek .. 10 years old and only 60k. But maybe that's acceptable lifespan. Thinking FCS next.

I thought FCS is actually made in Michigan? PRT is Chinese brand.
For my vehicle only FCS provides quick struts.

Will the non-hybrid struts fit your Sonata hybrid? :unsure:

If so, you can use Mando quick struts, which are the actual OE parts. That's what I'd do if I need to replace struts on an Sonata Hybrid :sneaky:

Will the non-hybrid struts fit your Sonata hybrid? :unsure:

If so, you can use Mando quick struts, which are the actual OE parts. That's what I'd do if I need to replace struts on an Sonata Hybrid :sneaky:
Good question. Thanks to Hyundai's infinite wisdom there are two specs for the same model. Biggest difference is non-hybrid version has a shorter sway bar link and different mounting point. Would it fit if I replace both struts and sway bar link? Could be an interesting project. On the other hand some posts vaguely mentioned hybrid strut might has a different spring/shock absorber since the front end is hundreds pound heavier due to hybrid components.
Should I take the risk? If it turns out not to be a good fit, RockAuto may deny my return because it's been installed. Tricky!:oops:

P.S. How good is DuraLast quick strut? Are they made by Monroe?

FCS is cheap Chinese garbage :sneaky:

Should've gone with Monroe or KYB quick struts. Or, if you don't like quick struts, Bilstein 4600 shocks and new OEM Mopar mounts, which are actually a fair price.

Oh well, see how long the FCS struts last anyway.
Monroe? Rust as soon as you put them on, in my experience, esp since he lives way up north in the rust belt. YMMV. Don't know about KYB

I have no dog in this fight. But as an occasional diy shadetree mechanic, all of this aftermarket parts declining quality discussion depresses me. At my age, I have really started leaning towards the pay once - cry once philosophy, meaning more OEM parts for me. Sad, very sad to see name brands in the toilet.

A reality is that vehicle makers often use different springs for the same vehicle. Ever notice the paint marks on coil springs? One model with a different trim package might have a 1 MM thicker coil or something. Quick struts are a "one size fits all" solution. I don't care if Honda or whoever offers them.
I just counted 29(!!!!) OEM spring variations for the 2014 Grand Cherokee with a price varying from $43 to $104.

A bunch of years back my '02 Ford explorer needs struts. So like everyone else I went on Ebay to see what was out there. What I found was most were made in china, and the reviews where all over the place. I rolled the dice, and went with a brand called SEN SEN. I chose them for 2 reasons. 1, was they looked to have a heavy duty looking paint job for rust prevention, and the 2nd was, they came with a 10 year warranty. As it turned out they raised the explorer up about 2 inches, which was fine with me as I had'd noticed how much the originals sagged. Mine also had broken springs on 3 out of the 4. And the ride was alot firmer than the originals I took off. The explorer had about 125 k miles on it at the time. And they still felt good when I scrapped it with 258k on it. I towed a 4x8 landscape trailer several times thru the years ,and there was no issue. Price wise, they were in the mid-range of what was offered at the time. I would never change out old springs with 100k or more ,to new strut assembly, after seeing how many of mine were broken.,,

Back