Direct Tools Outlet - Bar and Chain Oil $6 / gallon

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024

Good deal if you have a store location nearby. I have 20 acres to chop so going to pickup a few gallons as my battery OPE drinks it like red wine in Rome. Its also factory blemished, but so am I.

1698755618572.jpg

Fantastic! I was recently shocked by the price of bar and chain lube. $12/gal was the best I could do. Pre-panic it was regularly ~$7 each fall at TSC or True Value. Yep, just 8% inflation folks if you use drunken math. Nothing to see here.

I cut on my 35 acres with nothing but my M18 saw, although my trees rarely exceed 16" diameter. The saw is really showing its age, but I've been using it since 2018 so I can't really complain -- although I fully acknowledge a quality gas saw will last WAY longer than ~6 years.

Picked up my order last night from the Tanger Outlet mall in San Marcos. 5 gallons of oil, a glue gun for my daughter, orbital sander for the wife. The only blemish I can see from the gallon jug is the sticker is slightly peeling. they also had some 7 1/4 ryobi circular saw blades for just over $4 each, picked up 3 for my poor mans stump grinder.

I kind of wish (like others) I could buy the tackifier by itself and make my own after glancing at the msds sheet.

Reactions: D60
Also very tangential but I think the thread has run its course: my electric co-op does rebates if you buy battery OPE. I can get $100 back (bill credit but so what -- that's like cash to me) if I buy a new chainsaw with battery. Definitely helps take the sting out of the price, and I'd get a new chainsaw and 12.0

Point being, ask your electric company. You might be surprised.

This is now $7 gallon with free shipping, code HAPPYMONDAY.

I used a little the past few weeks. Its very tacky. I will have a "lifetime" supply myself. I'm also picking up the LED panel. Its really good and will serve for power outages that Texas is notorious for.

1700485971326.png

Its back on sale for $6 with a free shipping code (see screenshot). My Dewalt and Milwaukee have been drinking it like Rome is burning. Its tacky and makes a great mess.

1706273988835.jpg

Its back on sale for $6 with a free shipping code (see screenshot). My Dewalt and Milwaukee have been drinking it like Rome is burning. Its tacky and makes a great mess.

View attachment 200244
Thank you! Ordered five - we'll see if they show up. This fall no matter what happens people are gonna riot and I don't want to rely on an LP truck even showing up much less pricing volatility. I could heat both my shop and house indefinitely on wood.

Thank you! Ordered five - we'll see if they show up. This fall no matter what happens people are gonna riot and I don't want to rely on an LP truck even showing up much less pricing volatility. I could heat both my shop and house indefinitely on wood.
Welcome. All told I bought 10 gallons, 5 in person pickup and 5 delivered later when they had free shipping. There was nothing "factory blemished" about them. I just noticed it’s identical to Black Max from Walmart. The back South Carolina address is only slightly different PO box with Hart instead of Ryobi.

Here is my exaggerated disorganized shelf. The other 5 is at the family ranch.
IMG_8646.jpeg

Good deal. Unfortunately they keep canceling my orders. My bank says they charged my card successfully each time I tried to order.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
I got two but ordered five. The enclosed packing list was incredibly vague. I waited a couple weeks in case more showed up in a separate shipment, but no.

I finally called yesterday and they thought the order was complete, so they screwed up.

Then she tells me I have to email with a picture of what I received. Ok, but DUMB. We all know what the product is. So you'd like to see what two of that product look like together????

I played their game and they replied promptly saying they'll send the missing item. Singular: item. So I'll allow some time to see if three more arrive. If not, I'm just disputing the charge and they can deal with that.

I got two but ordered five. The enclosed packing list was incredibly vague. I waited a couple weeks in case more showed up in a separate shipment, but no.

I finally called yesterday and they thought the order was complete, so they screwed up.

Then she tells me I have to email with a picture of what I received. Ok, but DUMB. We all know what the product is. So you'd like to see what two of that product look like together????

I played their game and they replied promptly saying they'll send the missing item. Singular: item. So I'll allow some time to see if three more arrive. If not, I'm just disputing the charge and they can deal with that.
Same exact thing happened to me. Packing slip and fedex label said 40+lbs which it was not. I did the same song and dance, sent pics, it's been a while now and nothing.

Same exact thing happened to me. Packing slip and fedex label said 40+lbs which it was not. I did the same song and dance, sent pics, it's been a while now and nothing.
Yep looking at the FedEx package details in tracking it showed something like 43 lbs. No way two gallons comes in that heavy.

Based on your experience maybe I'll just dispute the charge now before I forget and too much time elapses.

Yep looking at the FedEx package details in tracking it showed something like 43 lbs. No way two gallons comes in that heavy.

Based on your experience maybe I'll just dispute the charge now before I forget and too much time elapses.
It was on the Feb 7th when they sent me an email saying they would fulfill the missing 3 gallons. I just sent a follow up email and if I don't hear from them by Tuesday AM I'll do the same.

Back