Dino 10w30 noack volatility and severe service?

How well would a 10w 30 dino like Sunoco or frAm conventional,fair in stop n go, humid summer weather,in terms of it's noack and intake cleaniness? I know today's dinos are better,but still thier molecules are not as more perfect than synthetic as d I know most synthetics are hydrocracked.group 3 oils.
Would Sunoco,fram for example non blends make mess of intake with severe service?

You can most likely use it, but just know you will need to change it a little bit more often.

You've started 3 threads to essentially ask the same question, if you're that concerned that your 3800 is going to have problems running conventional 10W30 in the summer, use full syn 10W30 or a A3/B4 Euro oil with BMW LL-01 and/or MB-229.5 approval.
Or a T6 rotella 15w40 synthetic for simplicity.

If you're dead set on Fram conventional and want absolute shear stability, if you're changing your oil seasonally you could just use straight 30 too, or straight 30 spiked with some straight 40 if you want it a little thicker.

1679608983418.jpg

1679609102394.jpg

These engines tend to go forever so long as they got some oil in them it doesn't matter if it's dino or synthetic, usually the whole rest of the car falls apart and the transmission goes pnnnnnn long before the engine fails, and if the engine does fail it's likely because it ingested too much coolant through a bad intake gasket or because the coolant elbow embrittled and broke and someone drove it without coolant and blew a headgasket.

IF you use straight grade like that Fram that's made by Amalie, the ash is quite low and being straight grade it should have a noack probably between 3-6% which is incredibly low.

How well would a 10w 30 dino like Sunoco or frAm conventional,fair in stop n go, humid summer weather,in terms of it's noack and intake cleaniness? I know today's dinos are better,but still thier molecules are not as more perfect than synthetic as d I know most synthetics are hydrocracked.group 3 oils.
Would Sunoco,fram for example non blends make mess of intake with severe service?
Results are going to vary.

For HDEO's:
The Motorcraft (Conoco Phillips) 10W-30 HDEO has a Noack of 11.8%, which is significantly higher than a Euro 0W-30 or 0W-40:
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 3.40.40 PM.jpg

Rotella T 10W-30 was also in this range, having a Noack of 12.4%
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 3.41.57 PM.jpg

Same with Delo 400 10W-30 at 11.6%:
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 3.42.28 PM.jpg

And Rotella T5 at 13.1%:
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 3.43.27 PM.jpg

These are all older test results, but do illustrate that just because it's a 10W-30, doesn't mean it's going to have low Noack.

For PCMO's, you can search the PQIA site yourself, but they didn't do any better. Chevron Supreme 10W-30 was 12.9% for example.

I ask cause I really wanna try dino again I miss it.sunoco and fram are non blends. In my experience,driving here,3-4 months it's thick black .engine hoofing.diffetent cars I've had. Ide do about 1700-2400 miles. max in that timeframe.using full synthetics, oil still needed change but it wasn't as thick. Full meaning hydrocracked stuff. I know if I use dino again..it's really not good for engine .but kinda a waste with full synthetic then.got that dino itch.kniw the synthetic will protect engine much better though.

I ask cause I really wanna try dino again I miss it.sunoco and fram are non blends. In my experience,driving here,3-4 months it's thick black .engine hoofing.diffetent cars I've had. Ide do about 1700-2400 miles. max in that timeframe.using full synthetics, oil still needed change but it wasn't as thick. Full meaning hydrocracked stuff. I know if I use dino again..it's really not good for engine .but kinda a waste with full synthetic then.got that dino itch.kniw the synthetic will protect engine much better though.
The only thing there is to miss about dino is the price IMO.

The only thing there is to miss about dino is the price IMO.
Yup! When I started driving that was 1992.my dad had local Mobil station do oil changes every 6 months.by then I had 2400-2700 miles.with Mobil drive clean . In a 1983 Buick century. He bought a Saturn SL2? Used Mobil one only. Can only imagine how cheap the oils were then.
Oil through late90s was under $2 quart. Except super tech ,thier all $5.99 and up a tad

Back