Different color bump stops, same P/N, why ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made from Synthetic Rubbers, not natural rubber; typically Polyurethane, which can be made into a far wider durometer rating product than natural materials (which also have durability issues, including UV deterioration). The colour is essentially irrelevant, as they can be made in virtually any colour.

In sex ed class we were taught that different colored rubbers were to stimulate the female. Now they teach it is to stimulate the partner. Can someone explain the difference to me?

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

Yeah, I searched around, and it appears to be the way it is on all this era SUVs. Sits right on the control arm all the time.

No it doesn't, if it did there is no point in having any suspension at all. That upper part is hollow, you can see where it bumps on the bottom of the bumper.
The color is not from exposure its from a different plant that's all. The originals look fine, no cracks or splitting, waste of time and money changing them IMO.

Thanks Trav. The drivers side bumper was ripped and crushed. After replacement..

Bumper with a suntan exposure - Drivers side

Bumper that was lighter - Passenger side

As you can see, the drivers side bumper is more compressed. After measuring ride height from fender to rim on a level surface, driver's side is lower by almost 1/2". Is there a difference more than color? Not sure. On to the torsion bars.

Driver's side torsion bolt

Passenger side torsion bolt

Also, the RTD shocks are original. Probably spent. Cost $300 ea. so I haven't got to that yet. Not sure how much difference that would make.

What should I do to level? Crank on the bar? What height should the truck be at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back