Diesel Ban? Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Europe and know full well how it worka over there and it saddens me deeply that this kind of thinking is slowly moving over here to NA.

Tell me, what are you guys doing about the huge increase in rapes and murders over there? You know what or who is doing it, yet you keep silent. But look over there, there is a bunny in the form of these evil diesel emissions, we have to do something about it.

Please spare me this nonsense.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I'm from Europe and know full well how it worka over there and it saddens me deeply that this kind of thinking is slowly moving over here to NA.

Tell me, what are you guys doing about the huge increase in rapes and murders over there? You know what or who is doing it, yet you keep silent. But look over there, there is a bunny in the form of these evil diesel emissions, we have to do something about it.

Murders? Rapes? Really?? Where? Who by? The 'immigrants' & the 'terrorists' perhaps?? Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read in The Daily Express. They make things up to sell newspapers you know.

Like I said. People in NA like to argue. Just like our old public school boys, never mind the outcome, it's how you play the game.

Nonsense? Moi? Don't think so...

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe

In Europe, if we see a problem, we say something must be done, even if we're not 100% sure of the facts.

Truth is even if they don't have the facts they gin them up as they go along. Climategate, nuff said.

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe
Originally Posted By: KrisZ

Murders? Rapes? Really?? Where? Who by? The 'immigrants' & the 'terrorists' perhaps?? Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read in The Daily Express. They make things up to sell newspapers you know.

Like I said. People in NA like to argue. Just like our old public school boys, never mind the outcome, it's how you play the game.

Nonsense? Moi? Don't think so...

I think he's thinking of articles like this one maybe?

http://www.dw.com/en/german-crime-statis...imes/a-38567261

Quote:
Germany's latest police crime statistics report revealed that some 3,372 cases of politically or ideologically motivated crimes by foreigners were recorded in 2016 - a number up 66.5 percent compared to 2015. The overall number of politically driven crimes had also increased compared to the previous year, by 6.6 percent.

German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said that these statistics - reaching 41,549 instances of such offences in 2016 - were shedding light on an "unacceptable" trend.

Quote:
The report, which was presented by de Maiziere in Berlin, also highlighted a considerable growth in murder and manslaughter and in rape and sexual assault cases. The statistics were up 14.3 percent and 12.8 percent from 2015, respectively. The numbers were, however, more dramatic among asylum seekers: crimes committed by refugees were up 52.7 percent in 2016 compared to 2015.

"There is nothing there to sugarcoat," de Maiziere said, while stressing that the majority of both foreign and German-born offenders in these categories were young men. "There is an overall rise in disrespect, violence, and hate," de Maiziere added.

"Those who commit serious offences here forfeit their right to stay here," Interior Minister de Maiziere announced. A report by the German Federal Office of Federal Investigation (BKA) published at the end of 2016 had claimed that migrant crime was decreasing.

The interior minister pointed out that the vast majority of refugees and other foreigners in Germany were leading respectable lives, adding that those that needed Germany's help the most, like Syrians fleeing the civil war in their country, were "underrepresented" in the violent crime statistics. More than a million migrants arrived in Germany in the last two years.

They did not allow private cars with diesel engines to enter these two cities up to 2010-11.Surprisingly this was a wise decision. When the new car market collapsed, they tried to stimulate demand and one of the decisions made was to allow diesels in the big cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back