Did I Just Get Lucky??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Watching the Texas tragedy.......
A subdivision of houses 4 to 5 feet deep water in the front lawn.
A very sickening sight. Most don't have flood insurance and if they did it is about bankrupt anyways.

But wait. One house is on fire and no one can do anything but watch it burn.
Did this homeowner just get lucky???? It burned didn't it????? Will their insurance now pay for the loss????

The fire policy will step in and cover the loss due to the fire. They can't necessarily reduce their loss due to the flooding because nobody was able to go in and determine the impact of the flood damage a second before the fire started so the entire policy limit is subject.

So did a homeowner without flood coverage get lucky? You bet...! Was it a legitimate fire? Who knows but over the next week or so waiting for the waters to subside, any evidence that the fire might have suspicious is certainly suspect

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: saginawmale50
Its like when the Coast Guard rescues people from a capsized ship, they dont then buy the owners a new ship.

That analogy is not comparable.

Yea, I don't get it.

Exactly. I believe after Katrina, those without flood insurance got basically nothing from the government to rebuild their home.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Flooding might have caused an electrical problem, which may have lead to the fire.

Probably not covered.

And even if it wasn't related, insurance will probably only cover a portion, since it was already ruined.

The ideal situation would be for the house to catch fire the day before the flooding

I wouldn't think that they had power due to the flooding. Who knows, they could have been cooking with fire on the roof or in the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back