Diagnostic Fun......

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good find and a good reminder that EMI from the ignition system can be a problem.

Kind of makes me wonder how much designers harden their circuits for EMI immunity.

NHGUY, ah, good old Mr. Haney.
He'd probably sell the tractor... spark plugs not included.
Of course, he'd have a set available... for a price.

Nice job diagnosing, what I don't get is what would posses someone to put these garbage plugs in a 07 Vette with only 32K on it.
This is what happens when a hack gets loose under the hood then a gang of monkeys try to fix it then guys like us get it.

HEY Clinbarger! Good job! Nice to see REAL technicians/mechanics out there that KNOW how to diagnose properly! So many "parts changers" out there, throwing parts at a problem. I've seen that with other people's cars, and I just shake my head.

It's also nice to see that the "old school" scopes are NOT being thrown out. The computer does NOT know everything! No matter how many sensors they throw onto the system. More techs should be forced to be proficient with a scope.

Wow E3 on a vette with that low mileage, Trav is right, (lol'd at it too!) a gang of monkeys unleashed under the hood! lol.. I can laugh but also kinda makes ya angry how stupid these so-called professionals can be, they're not pros, they're hacks.

but again.. real awesome to hear Clinebarger!! Love that story!
thumbsup2.gif
cheers3.gif

Well, the young guys these days just know what they need to know...same as I did 40 years ago. They never have ignition problems and seldom even change spark plugs, so don't know any ignition theory, and if they did they have no application for it. Same as fuel, there is no need for them to learn basic combustion theory because there is no need to get involved in that. Being old school in the modern high tech world, I plug in the scan tool first...but my brain is still in rich/lean...Kv/burn time mode, and look at things to see how the engine is running as well as what codes are up.

The engine actually ran OK, Not that I have room around here in the middle of the afternoon to push this kind of car to redline to see if it would misfire with a good load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back