decisions UTV talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im considering buying a UTV, my issue is im not sure wich direction to go. So im looking for opinions, the good bad and ugly.

Yamaha Rhino
Polaris Ranger
John Deer 800cc
Kawasaki Mule.

I will Deer hunt, fish, back road pleasure cruising, yard work. anyone with any stories or experience with any of these machines is helpfull, ALSO WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR IF I DECIDE TO BUY USED.

I own a John Deere Gator 4x4 and pleased with it. Kawasaki Mule is under powered, too small engine. Yamaha Rhino low load capacity. Polaris Ranger has good ride and power, but plastic cargo bed. Power steering would be great. The only mfg. I know that offers it is Kubota. Kubota is larger than other models and very expensive.

Originally Posted By: hatcoleman
I own a John Deere Gator 4x4 and pleased with it. Kawasaki Mule is under powered, too small engine. Yamaha Rhino low load capacity. Polaris Ranger has good ride and power, but plastic cargo bed. Power steering would be great. The only mfg. I know that offers it is Kubota. Kubota is larger than other models and very expensive.

Polaris ranger can be had with power steering.

went to local dealer and test drove 450cc ranger and 800cc ranger with power steering, THE 450CC would work but seemed very underpowered, THE 800CC ranger had power steering... that thing was sweet, it was also $13000.. eeesh

My father has a Gator XUV 620i 4x4. Sturdy machine, reliable, but not real refined or fast. I think top speed is 30mph, which is fine unless you're trying to cover some ground.

Originally Posted By: Jjones
Originally Posted By: hatcoleman

Polaris ranger can be had with power steering.

I have been hunting the past six years with my buddies...me on my quad and they in the Rangers, Arctic Cats, and Rhino's. I sold the quads and bought a 2012 Ranger 800 XP LE with power steering. I don't know why I waited so long...wish I had made the change earlier.
The plastic bed has not been a problem for them and I don't think it will be for me either. Great ride, good power and it will go many places(not all)the quad(a Honda Rubicon) would go. I have friends that have the Arctic Cat and the Rhino's...they all are very happy to be off the quads. I would say to try them all and get what suits you the best. The Ranger will require a trailer, while the Arctic Cat and Rhino will fit(barely) in the bed of a full size pickup. I tow my Ranger in an enclosed trailer so I can leave everything on it (winshield, gun bags, etc)while going down the highway...plus I can secure it at night wherever I am . Hope this helps...good luck!

Just to give U one more option. I've got a Polaris RZR and use a trailer to haul whatever I want, gear,deer, firewood etc., plus I get to pleasure ride too. The trailer keeps the small RZR bed free of blood and let's me use it for other things like dry storage for cloths, tools, food, etc.

trailer-1.jpg

If I didn't buy a RZR I'd go for the full size Ranger for sure! There are TONS of aftermarket stuff to pimp it out the way U want it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back