Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Synpower 5w-30 now then the 0w-20 in the winter, keeping the same filter for both.

If your doing 2000 miles a month that would put you around 8000 miles at the end of October, just in time for the 0w-20, which would get you till March or so next year.
That XL filter should be able to handle that.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'd do the 5w30 and save the 20wt for colder weather.

Off topic: what are you going to use in the Saturn that's "rebuilt" if ya don't mind?

Right now, i have a good bit of synpower 5w30 from the walmart deal. Thats in there.

For a Camry in summer, swap that GTX 5W20 for GTX 10W30, run the 10W30 now and use the Synpower 0W20 in winter.

Keep that SynPower 5W30 in you back pocket for the future, it's a great oil that can be used in almost any car in any season.

Originally Posted By: SR5
For a Camry in summer, swap that GTX 5W20 for GTX 10W30, run the 10W30 now and use the Synpower 0W20 in winter.

Keep that SynPower 5W30 in you back pocket for the future, it's a great oil that can be used in almost any car in any season.

Well lady friends Chrysler 200(2014) got the GTX 5w20

Darn rain here is every day so tomorrow I hope to change the oil. Anyone think I should keep FL-910S on for another 4K? KCJEEP, where are you?

I have some STP synthetic 5w30 also but leaning toward Synpower 5w30

I just don't like the Puro made Morotcraft filters, even though the FL910S is not a problem filter.
Probably would be fine though.

Again, as for the oil, just use the Synpower 5w-30.
Having a stash can sometimes be a pain.

Hey Captain I would roll with the Valvoline Synpower 5w30. But the STP oil would be in the running too. It is my thinking that the STP oil is using the Wolf's Head motor oil additive package. High molybdenum and high boron are used in the Wolf's Head oil made by Amalie. Their high sodium additive package is used in the Elixir full synthetic and Carquest full synthetic.

Hey buddy, hope you had a great vacation in North Carolina. Im sure you were sipping some quality brews while you were resting & relaxing. I am headed to OCMD the second week of September for 7 days when the crowds start to thin out & the ocean water is still nice and warm. Take care buddy & I will talk with you soon!!!
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back