David’s 3rd Gator

Last night David Gravel secured is 3rd gator championship at Volusia County FL at speedweek. This ties David with Daryn Pittman is the only two to ever win three against some of the best and legendary drivers historically such as Steve Kinser, Sammy Swindell, etc.. I would venture to bet that in the next year or two, he will secure number four and be the winningest person in terms of championships at Volusia

IMG_5898.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

Congratulation! Of all forms of racing this series is still the most real and exciting. Nascar, F1, Indy Car and NHRA should take a page. Too bad not picked up by mainstream TV

Winged sprint car racing has now become a battle of the streaming services. The World of Outlaws is on DIRTVision. Brad Sweet and Kyle Larson bought the All Stars from Tony Stewart and have renamed it to High Limit. They will have about 60 races as opposed to around 80 with the Outlaws. The outlaws have lost a number of teams to the new series. In either case the streaming services are pretty cheap for an addict. They are around $200. You would spend that probably in going to 1 race but certainly in 2. What I like about the streaming service is that they are tied into the track announcer.

Winged sprint car racing has now become a battle of the streaming services. The World of Outlaws is on DIRTVision. Brad Sweet and Kyle Larson bought the All Stars from Tony Stewart and have renamed it to High Limit. They will have about 60 races as opposed to around 80 with the Outlaws. The outlaws have lost a number of teams to the new series. In either case the streaming services are pretty cheap for an addict. They are around $200. You would spend that probably in going to 1 race but certainly in 2. What I like about the streaming service is that they are tied into the track announcer.
I have both services and Flo has a huge variety of racing and other sports.

That being said, hearing "you wanted the best, you got 'em 4 abreast" can't be beat.

I’m not sure if you get to the track on the west coast or not but we have Cory Day, Justin Sanders, and Cole Macedo in Tarlton’s car running out there.
We usually make it to Turkey Night at Ventura Raceway. Some family friends of ours have a 360 non wing that they run and another gentleman I have started to get to know, Pete Van Iderstine, has a late model he runs in the Lucas Oil Late Model series.

Back