cwf oil deck sealer

i have a older deck ,in past used thompson woodsaver on it,only it does not last more than a year,has any one used cwf oil deck semi transparent sealer stain ?, as oil base is maybe a good idea , need something that lasts longer and of reasonable cost

My experience even the oil base ones don't last. I would not use semi transparent sealer stain. It will fade in different areas and look awful. Just apply the sealer every 1-2 years.

I cannot think of anything that will provide long term protection for a wood deck anymore. That’s why the Trex type products are becoming more and more popular or in the case of ground level decks brick or concrete patios

Half the problem is with the stains. The other half is the wood itself.

I did not have good experience with Thompson.
I have used TWP and Ready Seal that is better and last longer.

This is for Fence so I am not sure for deck.

iam looking at Ready Seal as a good option,menards has it for $35.49 as my maximum cost

I gave up on any deck stain products years ago so I just pressure wash mine every spring. Any stain without pigments won’t last, at least in my experience. I spent a lot of time and money using different brands of deck stains only to have to go through the same process the next year. This is my 25 year old deck after pressure washing with just water and not even any type of cleaners as well, just water. Yes, it will be chalky looking before next spring but it would have any way FME. The top deck was washed 1 year ago and is chalky looking and hadn’t been washed and the bottom was just washed. Due to EPA regs, paint and/or stains just don’t hold up like they once did.

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpeg
    IMG_1159.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1160.jpeg
    IMG_1160.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 16
wound up getting twp cedar tone,for my old deck,,very close race between ready seal,,both are the better ones under forty or so dollars,,,ah now the cleaning the deck,surface preping etc

Back