CVT question - 2013 Soob Outback

Hey guys, I think that I already know the answer but I've got a gal with the above mentioned Soob that is getting jerky on uphill starts and some flat ground starts.. It's acting like it's not returning to it's starting ratio right away. Every now and again when you put it park, it'll have (what I interpret) a delayed shift to starting ratio - you put it in park, then a few moments later it sort of bump it's way back to home ratio... You can hear and feel it do this. Also when it jerks on uphill starts, you can hear it making some noise as it moves around. I did a drain and fill with Eneos CVT fluid which MAY have helped a little, but it's hard to say. I called the Soob dealer with the VIN and they said there are no computer updates for it... So I suppose this thing isn't long for the world?

People have to stay ahead of these issues. Quit listening to all.the BS and have these fluids replaced no more than 25-30k miles. If you are trying to doctor a cvt up to limp it along I can say that the BG CVT 303, Hotshots Shift Restore can help but won't do miracles. Changing it a 4 times in a row might get the fluid clean but if it's that bad the damage is done. I would rather see people drain the fluid drive it for a week and drain again and so on. I don't like the OE fluid, it's expensive and you can get better fluids for equal or less monies. My top three recommendations are Redline CVT fluid, Castrol Transmax and Amsoil CVT. I don't care for the Valvoline,Enos,or Pennzoil fluids.

It could be the valve body, but its still a risk to change that and it still ends up being the torque converter or trans.

Back