CUT OPEN: USED QUAKER STATE QS 8 OIL FILTER

Good Afternoon my fellow BITOGERS 😎

This old oil filter is from Braapdaddy. Tried scrubbing some debris off it then brake cleaner. Didn’t do much aside from peeling paint off. Did not see a date code. Appears Purolator made. Two tears also, spotted this when pulled element out of can.

Hey Stude me and my son got to the stage in the restoration to refresh the 4.9 and have the filter and the wally recipt from 1998 when the truck was last serviced .......
Thank you for sharing.. how would you say the adbv felt.. still pliable?

As promised here is the center tube. Love that it has holes.

Attachments

• IMG_9235.jpeg
    IMG_9235.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9236.jpeg
    IMG_9236.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 13
I wonder whats the purpose of that media string if it just dangles down to the bottom of the filter?

As promised here is the center tube. Love that it has holes.
I would too. Not a fan of louvers, especially when a bunch of them are closed.

I bought a Napa Gold 100351 for my GM 2.7L TurboMax. I didn't use it because it appeared at least half of the louvers were closed or close to it. I'll probably do a C&P on it sometime.

I bought a Napa Gold 100351 for my GM 2.7L TurboMax. I didn't use it because it appeared at least half of the louvers were closed or close to it. I'll probably do a C&P on it sometime.
The Parts Plus 10066 filters for your app have a center tube with holes. I like those

The Parts Plus 10066 filters for your app have a center tube with holes. I like those
Thanks! I'll check them out.
What are your thoughts on the Champ made E-Core filters? Definitely no restriction in those things, LOL. I noticed the AC Delco PF66 and Fram Ultra Synthetic have gone that route, at least in this application.

Thanks! I'll check them out.
What are your thoughts on the Champ made E-Core filters? Definitely no restriction in those things, LOL. I noticed the AC Delco PF66 and Fram Ultra Synthetic have gone that route, at least in this application.
Used CHAMP filters at work for 17 years without issues in our fleet. I have case of them I’m using. No bad reports.

Strange ... I've seen a few Ultras posted here with louvers, but none with an eCore center tube.
Definitely eCore. It kind of surprised me too. It looked pretty much identical to the PF66 other than being gold instead of blue. I should have taken a picture. Next time I go through the local Walmart I'll grab another. Seems like a decent filter.

I wonder if it has to do with the application?

I'll be doing a C&P on it when I change oil again, but that will be a few months.

Have used the PF66 on my 2.7 five in a row I have one left after that I'm hunting down some UPF66

Back