[Cut Open] Honda 15400-PLM-A02, (4,863 Miles)

15400-PLM-A02g1.jpeg

15400-PLM-A02g2.jpeg

15400-PLM-A02g3.jpeg

15400-PLM-A02g4.jpeg

15400-PLM-A02g5.jpeg

15400-PLM-A02g6.jpeg

15400-PLM-A02g7.jpeg

Looks good, thanks for sharing. This is what I have gone back to using on my Accord after years of Fram Ultras.

I know the efficiencies aren't great on some of these oem filters but you can't kill an Acura/Honda anyways. (y)
If you look at the [million] mile articles occaisonally posted you will find that nothing fancy oil filters were used.

I know the efficiencies aren't great on some of these oem filters but you can't kill an Acura/Honda anyways. (y)
The D15B8 SOHC 4 in my wife's 1991 civic was the worst quality and most problematic engine I ever serviced - if you ignored the lump my friends wife's Renault Alliance,

In fuel filter sized filters canisters, I'll take flow over efficiency - I deem the media surface area to be inadequate.

So that's basically a Fram Tough Guard? Thanks!
I bought a bunch and am usint them on Honda/Acuras I service. Just like the old days...

The D15B8 SOHC 4 in my wife's 1991 civic was the worst quality and most problematic engine I ever serviced - if you ignored the lump my friends wife's Renault Alliance,

In fuel filter sized filters canisters, I'll take flow over efficiency - I deem the media surface area to be inadequate.
Yeah, I can assume size matters in the design of an oil filter. The small size filters need less efficiency to keep flow. However, This has somewhat gone out the window when an oil filter has premium media/depth construction. They can have both good loading & flow.

So that's basically a Fram Tough Guard? Thanks!
I bought a bunch and am usint them on Honda/Acuras I service. Just like the old days...

An oft repeated but not exactly correct statement.

I suppose how incorrect depends on ones definition of "basically". The A02 has a metal seam clamp and although it looks the same the media is reported by Jay - Formally of Fram as different and lower efficiency , his ballpark number and Amsoils test agreed on within a few percent.

It should be noted that this is basically a 20,000 mile filter as cars like the 2005 Civic call for 10,000 mile changes and the filter is changed every other OCI.

An oft repeated but not exactly correct statement.

I suppose how incorrect depends on ones definition of "basically". The A02 has a metal seam clamp and although it looks the same the media is reported by Jay - Formally of Fram as different and lower efficiency , his ballpark number and Amsoils test agreed on within a few percent.

It should be noted that this is basically a 20,000 mile filter as cars like the 2005 Civic call for 10,000 mile changes and the filter is changed every other OCI.
Thanks. I use the MityVac for 5K OCIs and generally swap the filter every 2nd or sometimes 3rd service.
I take care of about 10 cars beyond my own. Mostly Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Chev PU and Nissan.
And the occasional Jeep GC Turbo Diesel and others.

Back