Cushy seat for 2022 Kawasaki KLX300L

I've looked, but can't find a softer alternative for the concrete seat that came on my KLX300 (dual sport). Any ideas? Thanks!

Dirt bike seat comfort is very subjective. I tend not to like KTM's type of foam, and much prefer the older Japanese bike type foam. Many of the aftermarket seats don't feel good to me at all. I would try to describe it like this, I prefer the foam to give about 1/3 of the way when I sit on it, and give more over big bumps. Don't want the foam to collapse fully under my weight, and create hard spots.

Dirt bike seat comfort is very subjective. I tend not to like KTM's type of foam, and much prefer the older Japanese bike type foam. Many of the aftermarket seats don't feel good to me at all. I would try to describe it like this, I prefer the foam to give about 1/3 of the way when I sit on it, and give more over big bumps. Don't want the foam to collapse fully under my weight, and create hard spots.
I agree. Too hard and they make your butt sore and too soft you can't slide around on it offroad. My son has a Honda CRF450RL that has a very hard seat as well.
Seat Concepts has a comfort kit.

+1 Seat Concepts....

Mine I can sit on easily for an hour before I feel a need to take a break. Of course I also just stand on the pegs if my butt is tired and keep riding...

on my KLX300 (dual sport)
How do you like that bike over-all? I was looking to buy one a year ago but decided I didn't need another bike. I liked the idea of something I could take on dirt fire roads, etc. Maybe it will happen in the future (?).

How do you like that bike over-all? I was looking to buy one a year ago but decided I didn't need another bike. I liked the idea of something I could take on dirt fire roads, etc. Maybe it will happen in the future (?).
I have a 2021 KLX300…..love it. It has decent power, perfect gearing, lugs pretty good, and gets 65-70 mpg depending on how I ride it. It feels like a featherweight after riding my BMW 1250 GS or Super Tenere. I owned a Tenere 700 …. It had a great engine, but always felt very top heavy and was not nimble like the KLX300.

Back on subject…..I would try a Seat Concepts seat if looking for a replacement.

I’ve got a seat concepts on my KTM. It’s better than stock for sure but IMO didn’t live up to the hype. I would still buy it again thou.

In my experience on road bikes and sport bikes you don’t want a soft “cushy” seat for long term comfort. It feels great at first but doesn’t have good support. I recall getting my first Corbin seat and thing what the heck did I just waste all this money on? But after a 6hr ride it was night and day better compared to more “cushy” seats I’ve tried.

Back