Cub Cadet XT3 GSX

I have laid my eyes on this Cub Cadet XT3 GSX mower. It has 90 hours on it. I personally know the owner as he can no longer mow. That's why he is selling it. I believe I can get it for $4K. I know nothing about Cub Cadet other than my nearest dealer has a "gouging" reputation. The dealer within 30 miles of me has a great reputation. It was purchased new by the owner. I do know this thing is huge. It has the black fabricated 48" deck. Hydro-Gear BDU-10. Kohler Command engine. Has a driveshaft.

Any suggestions or advice?

I have laid my eyes on this Cub Cadet XT3 GSX mower. It has 90 hours on it. I personally know the owner as he can no longer mow. That's why he is selling it. I believe I can get it for $4K. I know nothing about Cub Cadet other than my nearest dealer has a "gouging" reputation. The dealer within 30 miles of me has a great reputation. It was purchased new by the owner. I do know this thing is huge. It has the black fabricated 48" deck. Hydro-Gear BDU-10. Kohler Command engine. Has a driveshaft.

Any suggestions or advice?
You know the owner, ask him what you want to ask him, do you know what this mower cost when it was brand new? Let me put it this way, you will give him more money than what a dealer will give him. 90 hours on the mower, how old is the mower, and when did he change the oil, meaning at what hour interval. Then ask him what oil he used, for $4000.00 I would be asking every question in the book and if you want then find someone who knows a lot about this type of mower.

He said he paid $6500 and has the paperwork. I guess I’m more wondering about the quality of the mower. It’s been serviced by the dealer.

Last edited:
He said he paid $6500 and has the paperwork. I guess I’m more wondering about the quality of the mower.
Original cost sounds right.

They are built better than the XT1 and XT2. If it fits your needs, go for it.

He said he paid $6500 and has the paperwork. I guess I’m more wondering about the quality of the mower.
The Quality is Fantastic, he has the paperwork, give him the $4000.00 if that is what he wants, a Cub Cadet Dealer will probably give him like 2K or 3K and sell it for $4000.00 or so.

I have an XT2 and the XT3 is a machine compared to it. I am on a few Cub boards and people love them.

That's a whole lotta machine for 1/2 acre! Is the owner your neighbor or really close by? Can you negotiate the cost down if you factor in maintaining his yard too - that may make him happy to see his iron still in action. But otherwise, if the purchase price won't put you out, then go for it.

He’s my neighbor. I can’t use ZTurn. It is hilly so I need a beefier transmission.

It is more machine than I need. But this guy waxing his lawnmowers. He had 3 and is gonna sell 2 keep the cub ZTurn with the steering wheel.

I’m gonna do a little checking. What would be a price you would feel good about giving for it? I still have my Honda 4120 from 1994 running like a champ.

Probably not interested but you can get a late model Toro or Exmark like this for $2k to $3k and it will run circles around the Cub Cadet especially on hills... no comparison. I do have one myself for hills.
You look like a zipper head driving it but it works very well.

1000003047.jpg

Back