Cooling System Drain & Flush 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 V8 ?

Has anyone ever done this without bleeding the system? The bleed plug on my vehicle is hard to get at. (So is the radiator drain plug for that matter). I've never had to bleed a cooling system before. Simply drain, flush with distilled water until clean. Then drain and fill with 50/50 mix.

Then I then drive it until it's hot, (thermostat opens), and park it. The next morning it will suck down the overflow tank as it cools, and then I simply add more. The system, "self bleeds". After one or two heating / cooling cycles all the air is out, and the coolant level stabilizes.

Can I safely do this on my 5.7 Jeep? I'm not seeing any real difference. All engines have areas where air can get trapped. But it gets worked out after a couple of heating / cooling cycles. I drive it only long enough until the thermostat opens, then park it until it's cold.

I don't drive it for extended periods until it completes a few short trips to warm up and cool back down. Thereby working out all the air and stabilizing the coolant level in the process.
I have a factory service manual for 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Let me know if you would like a copy.

Back