Continental PureContact LS

Originally Posted by The Critic
Update:
8500 miles since the tires were installed. They are still quiet. 8.5-9/32" remaining.

Are the sidewalls stiffer compared to the Michelins? How is the wet traction compared with the Michelins?

Originally Posted by painfx
Update:
8500 miles since the tires were installed. They are still quiet. 8.5-9/32" remaining.

Are the sidewalls stiffer compared to the Michelins? How is the wet traction compared with the Michelins?

This set of tires replaced the MB-spec Continental tires.

Update:
20K on the tires, 8/32" remaining all around. Two rotations so far - once at 8500, once at the 20k mark. Still quiet and performing well.

Update:
20K on the tires, 8/32" remaining all around. Two rotations so far - once at 8500, once at the 20k mark. Still quiet and performing well.

20k miles and tread depth at 8/32nds??? That is some good tire wear...

Can Michelins Primacy MxM4 96V do that?

The tires were taken out of service today after ~30 months and 69,400 miles.

One tire had a nail. The other 3 had between 3/32-4/32" remaining. They were rotated a total of 5 times.
DCBF366D-BD84-4EDE-89B0-58743C72433E.jpeg

We replaced them with a set of Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. DT pricematched the current Costco promotion so they were $45 cheaper than the PureContact LS.
75F03263-4CC7-4D79-A7F3-85D9FB7664F7.jpeg

Overall, the Continentals did a great job for a Grand Touring tire and lived up to its mileage guarantee. Let's see if the CrossClimate2's can do the same.

I should probably start a new thread, but wanted to update everyone on the CrossClimate2’s. They have 22K miles and still have 9.0-9.5/32” on all 4. Tires have only been rotated twice.

The tires on the Volvo have about 50k on them if I understood the DT guy correctly. Had to buy a new one because of a coil spring failure. Will likely replace the other 3 after I replace the tie rod ends and get an alignment after the new coils.

If I’m not mistaken, the tire I bought for the car was discontinued, but brought back under a different name.

The tires were taken out of service today after ~30 months and 69,400 miles.

One tire had a nail. The other 3 had between 3/32-4/32" remaining. They were rotated a total of 5 times.
View attachment 74259
We replaced them with a set of Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. DT pricematched the current Costco promotion so they were $45 cheaper than the PureContact LS.
View attachment 74260

Overall, the Continentals did a great job for a Grand Touring tire and lived up to its mileage guarantee. Let's see if the CrossClimate2's can do the same.
Thank you very much for providing multiple updates throughout the life of the tires. It is very much appreciated!

The tires on the Volvo have about 50k on them if I understood the DT guy correctly. Had to buy a new one because of a coil spring failure. Will likely replace the other 3 after I replace the tie rod ends and get an alignment after the new coils.

If I’m not mistaken, the tire I bought for the car was discontinued, but brought back under a different name.
Huh? What are you talking about?

Back