Continental Pure Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had great luck with the Conti DWS tires before, but wanted something softer riding and more mileage so I gave these a try. They were good until about 30k miles on them, the sidewalls are much softer and it will squeal in parking lot turns sometime, and even though they are rotated every 5k, Discount Tire guy says I won't see 70k out of them. Anyone else have these tires?

I had them for some amount of time on my Impreza. Forgot how long. I believe a bit over a year. They had hardly worn at all, but I felt unsafe driving on them in the winter so I swapped them for Blizzak WS80s. I have no complaints about the purecontacts as an all season. Good tire. Felt really bad to take them off after having barely gotten any use out of them.

This was one of my top 3 tires when I was tire shopping a little over a month ago for my Accord. Overall they had good reviews but many did mention soft sidewall. I ended up going with Pirelli P7 Centurato All Season Plus.

My wife has the Pure Contact on her '11 Genesis 4.6. They have fantastic grip in wet and dry conditions and do a good job holding the road even under very heavy acceleration and braking. Road noise isn't bad. Can't say much about snow as we haven't used it in snow. If they came in the size for my car I'd definitely buy another set. I don't know much about longevity yet as there's only about 7k on them and we've had them on there for about a year and a half.

Have put about 26,000 miles on these so far on a Kia Sorento. They look like brand new, in 4" of snow they gripped amazingly well. Great all around traction. My daughter also put them on her Nissan Rogue. Unbelievable difference. It was like driving a completely different car. I am sure there are some other tires as good, but you cannot go wrong with these IMO.

I put a set of these on the Forester at around 56K.
They were a noticeable improvement over the OEM Geolanders in ride and grip and are wearing well.
They have the "DWS" molded into the tread to indicate suitable use as the tread wears.
These tires are on my recommended list. I would have bought a set for the '12 Accord but wanted to try Pirellis based upon reviews by others here who own the same car.

I put a set (235/45R17) on my Volvo T5 wagon 20,000 miles ago. They're great. Good ride, good handling, excellent reaction in dry and rain. Wear seems to be consistent with a 60,000 mile tread life. And they're reasonably priced compared with similar performance choices.

We have these on the Fusion with the 18" wheel option. We are on the second set of these tires and they work very well in all seasons including snow. I do not remember the exact mileage we got out of these tires but it was up there and the car has close to 250,000 miles now.

The Contiprocontact Grant Touring A/S model came as OEM on our Jeep Cherokee limited AWD, so I can only speak to that model. We have 23k on them. I'd say they look to be on a path to last to about 35k. I would say they have been a below average tire for what they cost ($170 in my area). They do average on wet to dry conditions, but I have not been impressed with them on snow and ice. They do very well on fuel economy however. I have also noticed that road noise is increasing at an above average rate in correlation with tread wear compared to other tires I've had, so I'm not impressed there.

For what they cost here, I will probably replace them with a Michelin tire. JM2C

Originally Posted By: ejes
The Contiprocontact Grant Touring A/S model came as OEM on our Jeep Cherokee limited AWD, so I can only speak to that model. We have 23k on them. I'd say they look to be on a path to last to about 35k. I would say they have been a below average tire for what they cost ($170 in my area). They do average on wet to dry conditions, but I have not been impressed with them on snow and ice. They do very well on fuel economy however. I have also noticed that road noise is increasing at an above average rate in correlation with tread wear compared to other tires I've had, so I'm not impressed there.

For what they cost here, I will probably replace them with a Michelin tire. JM2C

Totally different tires, dude....

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: ejes

Totally different tires, dude....

I realize that. I was basically giving him my agreement about the poor mileage I got out of Continentals on my car, and speaking to my experience with a DIFFERENT MODEL of the Continental brand (which I indicated I was only able to speak to) much like anonobomber was doing. But, hey, thanks for interjecting...dude.

Well...you're relating your experience about the brand when the OP had a question about a particular model.

It's like asking about a Grand Cherokee, and getting a response about a CJ. Yeah. Jeep, but not really germane or useful...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Well...you're relating your experience about the brand when the OP had a question about a particular model.

It's like asking about a Grand Cherokee, and getting a response about a CJ. Yeah. Jeep, but not really germane or useful...

Well...I guess it is good your're not the OP so I do not have to really care what you think about it. I didn't know you were a moderator and that it is under your purview to police thread replies. If you don't want to read what I posted or if it is not useful to you, you can, and should, just ignore it and leave it alone unless it is your thread; just like I'm going to do with any more of your replies.

OP, my apologies, if required.

I have them on a 2007 Audi A6 with the ecoplus label. Currently have 60k miles on them and the S is still visable. I think they are a great tire. Quiet, good traction in snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back