Computer Emergency!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Tiger Woods '06 for my B-day, but my emachine, with its 512k RAM, couldn't cut it. It wasn't long after that the HD failed and the computer bit the dust. Anyway, I have a Gateway laptop with 2GB RAM and the 945GM processor. I excitedly installed the golf game, only to have it crash with a message from Windows to update the display accelerator from Intel. Downloaded the new driver (.exe version 15.7) and was unable to auto install. Downloaded the zip version and used "have disk" to manually install. Still have the same problem, -and more. The update fixed none of my problems and added some. Went to Windows Update and it detected that my "new" driver was out-dated and wanted to replace the driver back to the one I had just updated from. Went ahead and replaced the Nov. 07 update back to the Feb. 07 driver, and fixed the extra glitches. Still no Tiger! Searched online and found many reports of the same 'Gaming' problems using the 945GM. Intel lists the games that can be played with the 945GM, and '06 Tiger is on that list.
Any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What Win OS? XP?

In the midst of my golf withdrawals, I forgot that tidbit of important info... Vista Home Premium

I think I see where you're going with this... I might be in some weird computer quasi state; where Tiger '06 would work if running this processor with XP, but Tiger '07 (Vista compatible) + the 945GM is incompatible.('07 is not on Intel's compatible list) I did have a clean install and was able to play 2 rounds before the collapse.

Originally Posted By: DmanWho
I think I see where you're going with this... I might be in some weird computer quasi state; where Tiger '06 would work if running this processor with XP, but Tiger '07 (Vista compatible) + the 945GM is incompatible.('07 is not on Intel's compatible list) I did have a clean install and was able to play 2 rounds before the collapse.

I'm not trying to be that deep. Does the 06 version claim to be Vista compatible?

Originally Posted By: ben
This is a computer emergency? Do you have a high-stakes golf tournament this weekend? :)

Too funny.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
This is a computer emergency? Do you have a high-stakes golf tournament this weekend? :)

Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration.
It was what I wanted for my B-day, and I never got to play it.
frown.gif
On the emachine; the graphics, even at the lowest setting, glitched so much as to make it impossible to swing. I'm not just using that as an excuse for my poor play.
blush.gif

Pablo,
You did get me looking in another direction... The game should work with Vista, according to EA Sports, and I tried their fixes including running it under XP SP2 compatibility and deleting a "Problem Video" from one of the files. Still no golf. I'll try a re-install using the aforementioned fixes before running the program and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back