Colt Canada (Diemaco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
I'm not trying to start an argument, or rain on anyone's parade here. But I'm just not seeing the mechanical superiority of these weapons. Let alone enough of it to justify the cost. I get the part about limited availability, along with only being sold to law enforcement unless a very few "leak out" to the general public, and all of that. Rarity increases both price and desirability based on nothing else. And while that does increase the "wow factor" and desirability with some people, I just don't see how these guns are any better from a mechanical standpoint, than most other Colt's, or any other models from other manufacturers with the same features. At least enough to matter.

AR-15's are modular manufactured guns. Bins full of parts are required to fit into other bins full of parts. Like nuts on bolts. And because of that they have to be toleranced accordingly. There is no gunsmithing required to assemble one. Teenagers do it on their mothers kitchen table every day of the week. So it's not like an individual requires the gunsmithing skills of P.O. Ackley to build one. And have it run correctly and shoot well when you're finished. Any upper will fit any lower. Any bolt will fit into any bolt carrier. And any bolt carrier will fit into any AR-15. And all will run without hand fitting anything to anything.

And as far as quality of said parts, while they may or may not be better, it's doubtful that it will ever matter to 99.99% of AR-15 shooters out there, including most law enforcement. Because they simply aren't going to run enough rounds through the thing to matter. Think about it. How many of you actually know anyone outside military arsenals that actually "wore out" an AR-15 civilian or L.E. rifle?

With all of that said, guns are a personal possession. And if someone feels their life is going to be incomplete unless they have one, then by all means go out and get one. It's just that it would be a difficult task to convince anyone, that the overall quality is really that much more substantial, than any other out of the box Colt. Or any other comparable AR-15 for that matter.

Just as an FYI these Colt Canada’s were selling for the same price as all the other used Colt AR 15’s so if the OP really wants one I’m sure they can still be found at a fair price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back