Collard greens

I personally like collard greens and mustard greens and spinach and kale. I have had the best collard greens in North Carolina and Louisiana also. Might make some this weeekend. How do you folks make yours?

Thank You

I personally like collard greens and mustard greens and spinach and kale. I have had the best collard greens in North Carolina and Louisiana also. Might make some this weeekend. How do you folks make yours?

Thank You
I prepare and eat them like I would spinach or kale, cooked or raw. I also put them in my blender and make green monster vegetable smoothies

I have grown both collards and kale. The cabbage worms in NC prefer collards over kale so I still have a few Siberian dwarf kale growing . Kale needs more cooking else it is fibrous and tough. I don't mind if it is seasoned correctly.
1619214065730.jpg

I'd rather spinach or kale but they'll do in a pinch. I steam in chicken bouillon or broth, then top with sauteed onions, garlic, bacon and vinegar. Gotta be fresh not canned. Frozen, somewhere in the middle, I'd eat frozen if there was a shortage or something.

Back