Cold temps tire pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temps dropped so much here in Florida that my tire sensors on my Caddy started going nuts for low pressure. Had to put at least 5 psi in each tire.

Of course. This is why they put TP monitors on cars.

Especially useful for those who did not even know tires have air in them. For that matter that cars have oil, water or even batteries. :)

Now how much extra $$ will those tire monitors add to the price of a new vehicle?? More Gov't regs at work!

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
Now how much extra $$ will those tire monitors add to the price of a new vehicle?? More Gov't regs at work!

I like them, and thats comming from a mechanic, you know I care about my car and check out [censored] near everything every 2 weeks or less.....

but there is always the what if....

what if I"m on a road trip, and something happens while I'm driving? Some warning might be better then running it even lower and having a blow-out or damaging the tire beyond use....

I've even had thoughts of getting an aftermarket direct system and retrofitting my car

that being said, its just another tool for me to make good decisions about driving my car. Even with these lights, people are still idiots..... People come into the shop all the time saying, "There is this light on" or they might even know the real name, that its some kind of tire light! They say this after they had to change their spare or have their car towed in. Usual case is they need to buy a new tire from their blowout or cutting the sidewall.........

Last edited:
I recently bought a car with TPMS. I didn't think I'd like it, but I must say it is not only a convenience but a nice tuning and safety device. They're just a little pricey to replace.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe

I don't know for sure but the difference is negligible. It's not like a gas guzzler tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back