Clicking sound on left turns - Subaru

Not to hijack this thread, but have honest CV axle question..

On the kia I have a single click usually when under 2 MPH, wheel straight, not on throttle such as in a parking lot, and in first gear, but will make a click sound every so often when "on/off" throttle lightly in first. If I am anything more then extremely gentle (normal haha) there are no clicks, and can go what feels like months and not even hear it, than hear it multiple times in a one day.

This click has never gotten worse, nor are there any vibrations or play in the CV. The boots look nice, no rust ect on the shafts... This been going on for a couple of years now and well over 30K.(and who know how long with the pervious owner).

I have checked multiple times over time every single bolt for the subframe, motor mounts, strut bolts and mounts, bushings, ect. everything is tight.

I say all of that to say this. am I on borrowed time with that CV and don't even know it? I would hate to replace the OEM axle if not needed, as they are not cheap, but would also hate to brake a axle or something and either have to do this job on the side of the road... or have a tow.

EDIT: last thought. I have read that sometimes on the kias, a worn out WHEEL BEARING can cause clicks... but, everything is tight, no play or no revolution type sounds, or tight spots.
Thanks. :)
Sorry, I just saw this.....I would definitely say that a CV axle would get worse over the 2 year period you described.

Did you find the culprit? Possibly strut bearing?

Nice, it should be fine. The diameter of the axle doesn't affect anything as long as the dampener isn't rubbing anywhere.

Do they still use those p-i-t-a roll pins to hold it to the transaxle?
They do! I had a fairly big hammer.

It fixed the issue.

Back