Click/Clunk --- 2008 Tundra problem...

Ok well it's almost surely front since it's affected by steep steering angles.

Unplug one at a time and see if the problem vanishes. You'll get a bunch of death and destruction dash lights (because, you see, no one ever survived before ABS and TC) but so what.

Or unplug power to ABS pump, but it may be a throttle reduction issue more than a brake application issue. I don't know if TC will still try to work if it knows ABS is disabled, but probably not. Toyota disables TC for seemingly any problem, including not being able to see engine temp, bad MAF, etc

edit: in hindsight "unplugging one at a time" won't expose the problematic side because the system will panic and disable everything. Regardless, unplugging a WSS will tell you if you're barking up the wrong tree. Maybe the problem is something else entirely

Ok well it's almost surely front since it's affected by steep steering angles.

Unplug one at a time and see if the problem vanishes. You'll get a bunch of death and destruction dash lights (because, you see, no one ever survived before ABS and TC) but so what.

Or unplug power to ABS pump, but it may be a throttle reduction issue more than a brake application issue. I don't know if TC will still try to work if it knows ABS is disabled, but probably not. Toyota disables TC for seemingly any problem, including not being able to see engine temp, bad MAF, etc

edit: in hindsight "unplugging one at a time" won't expose the problematic side because the system will panic and disable everything. Regardless, unplugging a WSS will tell you if you're barking up the wrong tree. Maybe the problem is something else entirely
We probably got about 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground at the moment. Won't be today but that's a start and thank you.

I live in the northeast. Have my whole life. Can’t say I’ve around that to be common on any but the worst jalopsies.
Tacoma's up here the frame is usually gone - but the brake lines are still there :)

Sorry to the op.

Yes I know you have a good ole' Indiana made Tundra.

Tacoma's up here the frame is usually gone - but the brake lines are still there :)

Sorry to the op.

Yes I know you have a good ole' Indiana made Tundra.
My FIL had a tundra of that age range and both were rusting.

Yet in the NE, I don’t recall any of my, my family’s cars, etc. that ever got that bad. I guess it’s just mild enough around here.

But for OP… so nothing observed. Has to be something hidden that’s incrementally binding??? Hard to grasp how it would be something else without throwing some sort of CEL. I do wonder if it is still something with the brake job. Like a partially collapsed rubber hose?

Last edited:

Yet in the NE, I don’t recall any of my, my family’s cars, etc. that ever got that bad. I guess it’s just mild enough around here.

But for OP… so nothing observed. Has to be something hidden that’s incrementally binding??? Hard to grasp how it would be something else without throwing some sort of CEL. I do wonder if it is still something with the brake job. Like a partially collapsed rubber hose?
I agree here. Since it started after the job, I would keep looking at or near the area that they worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed...

Its been a month since I updated this thread. Oops --- couple weeks back took the Tundra and issues I presented in this thread previous to different garage. Actually I guy I graduated High School with. Had it about 2 hours and said, "when I turned it to the right it loses power and everything else you mentioned. Ran wheel sensors scans again while driving and all good. While driving the ABS was acting up soo I disconnected the ABS." Now there is no more loss of power,grinding and clunking like before. But -- the traction control light is light along with the ABS at all times. He is soo busy that hes not sure what parts of the ABS to start with and for me to think about it. He said, in the State of Pennsylvania, the ABS light can be illuminated and still pass inspection/emissions.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
I bet almost anything scoping each front WSS while at or near full lock would reveal something. You'll need decent resolution to dig into the waveform.....but the PCM is seeing something and there's no reason you shouldn't also be able to see that.

Back