Chevy Colorado ZR2/ZR2 Bison - Most Capable Off-Road truck from factory

The steering system that is prone to a phenonium called "death wobble" is the preferable choice?
if your panhard rod or trackbar is done for...yes

toyota, nissan and land rover all made solid front and rear vehicles that ride just fine. the JL isn’t bad either

Last edited:
I need to drive one again. (y)

They improved the transmission shifting programming for the newer trucks. It's not perfect, but livable. The engine still needs revs though. However in my instance it has worked well. Enough power driving up the mountain slow in wintery conditions. Decent fuel economy, I'm averaging 19-20. The seating position is still a little awkward, but now is more adjustable.

if your panhard rod or trackbar is done for...yes

toyota, nissan and land rover all made solid front and rear vehicles that ride just fine. the JL isn’t bad either

To save money , some models had undersized tracbars / panhard bars that would suffer bushing problems and lead to death wobble.

What a difference having a front locker makes. Nothing new to those that off-road a lot. Having just a rear is good too, but both is pretty unbeatable. ZR2 with the Duramax is the combo to get in this truck I believe due to the better 6spd automatic.

Mercedes G has front, central and rear locker. And it will leave that Chevy in dust behind.
DIfferent issue is whether you want to off read $120k vehicle.

no vehicle without a front locker can compare offroad to a vehicle that does.

Toyota's A Trac and MTS can mimic one by using the brakes, but it's not as good as a true mechanical locker.

Major difference. Been watching videos of vehicles with and without front lockers. ZR2 is a little beast.

4 runner is “ancient” as you say but has way more interior room in the real world if you need and want such a thing and is an extremely capable vehicle as well

plus 4Runner resale and reliability I haven’t seen those figures on the Chevy yet

I really like the ability to select. There is a short section I fully lock up for when getting to a marsh lake … but once past that squishy stuff … I like to open up the front differential to get back some steering control …

I really like the ability to select. There is a short section I fully lock up for when getting to a marsh lake … but once past that squishy stuff … I like to open up the front differential to get back some steering control …
I really liked that about my JGC. Lock in the front and rear for loose terrain, then unlock for normal.

GMA showing 2023 as the makeover model with the I4 turbo and 10 speed coming on the scene
Sticking with multimatic suspension

Back