Chevy 2.4 Oil Burner Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 2015 Equinox with a 2.4 ltr engine. It was a billygoat. Nothing climbed the hill better than that. No 4wd or awd did better. That engine did have a part throttle drone to it when climbing the hill. I tried QSUD, and Mobil 1, but Magnatec got rid of it. I'm a big Magnatec fan. Very smooth in some engines. I only had that car for 20,000 miles, but it never used any oil.

I have a 2014 GMC Terrain with the 2.4 and 75000km (46500 mi) with no oil issues
or problems. Maybe the rings got updated by then.

This is just awesome! I'm in the process of buying an 09 Malibu with this exact engine for my son. Crap!

Originally Posted by D1dad
This is just awesome! I'm in the process of buying an 09 Malibu with this exact engine for my son. Crap!

Yes you defined that car correctly with one word.

I shied away from it because of this. Anything on the 3.9.....2008? Found a super clean relatively low mileage impala but I've never had a Chevy in my 30 yrs of driving. A little oil usage doesn't scare me because I own a Nissan lol.

High mileage oil isn't going to help with this level consumption. I have 2 recommendations:

20w50 synthetic with an oil pan heater to thin out for starting better
TCW3 2 stroke oil

I'm going to catch a TON of flack especially for #2 but I stick to my opinions. 20w50 won't burn as bad. Tcw3 is meant to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back