Chevrolet Restarts Sales of Blazer EV after 12 week halt due to Software, price incentive too

Title says it all
GM restarted Blazer EV sales, Models start at $50,195 they are also cutting the price $6,520. Im not sure but this maybe limited to the stock already produced, need clarity on that. But for right now, $6,520 price reduction and it qualifies for the $7,500 taxpayer credit = $14,020 off the price of the vehicle according to this CNBC report.

At least the way I read it. (oh... there is that trick word "up to" $6520) I just saw that, big yawn now, except the taxpayers do pick up the $7,500 plus whatever crumbs GM throws your way.
I know nothing about the vehicle but maybe competitive at this price?
Source;

Say what you want but GM builds vehicles that look attractive and Americans want and why they have a 90 years track record of #1 in USA sales.

Photos from GM's website;
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.54.51 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.57.58 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Something about the Ultifi software needing to be reflashed.
2024 Canyons and 2024 Colorados had the same stop sale.
Beta tester is a fair comment imo.
Could be Alpha - we'll see once they hit consumer hands. 2024 Colorados/Canyons were getting into customer hands this weekend.

It's really hard to tell what it should cost because no one really knows what it is anymore.

We've seen the specs on it slide the wrong way since they announced it, and regardless of what the spec says, there are the question remains what will it do in the real world. Whats the curve look like? Does it kill the throttle after a few seconds of WOT? Whats its cold weather performance like? Can it control cabin temp fast charging on a 100 degree day?

GM has kept it almost totally away from the press fleet to the point the spinoffs are getting driven before it is. Never a great sign.

The ultiums -are heavy, and not competitive tech wise.
After all that hype the guys at Munro were unimpressed at the engineering that went into the one they looked at.

It's good looking - they nailed that.

The rest, we're about to find out.

The Build function isn’t active right now - I’m guessing they’re updating it. But I’d guess a large part of the price drop is in packaging. That old $56k LT price included almost $4,000 in required packages.

A 2025 LT with a NACS port might be a nice vehicle. Price should drop another ~$3,300 when the FWD models come out, for range that’ll easily beat a Model Y LR.

My guess is they also dropped the price to be able to bump it back up when they add optional Super Cruise for 2025. No Super Cruise for these 2024s.

Last edited:
The impression I get from EV buyers is that they love being Beta testers.

This was all supposed to be super easy.
Everyone will just copy tesla and its game over.
The market will be flooded with copycat products in no time that are all vastly superior.

The impression I get from EV buyers is that they love being Beta testers.
I was an early adopter; I knew there was risk involved. The car was not cheap, nor did I need another vehicle. I could make the case this was not the most logical decision given the facts at that time.
My experience has far exceeded expectations; I will buy another Tesla Model 3.

In hind sight I shoulda ought the stock!

The Build function isn’t active right now - I’m guessing they’re updating it. But I’d guess a large part of the price drop is in packaging. That old $56k LT price included almost $4,000 in required packages.

A 2025 LT with a NACS port might be a nice vehicle. Price should drop another ~$3,300 when the FWD models come out, for range that’ll easily beat a Model Y LR.

My guess is they also dropped the price to be able to bump it back up when they add optional Super Cruise for 2025. No Super Cruise for these 2024s.

I might be wrong on this package thing. The Blazer EV forums are saying GM sent owners a letter saying they’re getting a ~$5,600 check as payback over these price drops. I can’t imagine they’d do that if the new lower price was mostly a decontented car.

I’m guessing there’s cheaper Blazer EVs coming with FWD and no required packages (driver comfort/convenience).

Last edited:
I might be wrong on this package thing. The Blazer EV forums are saying GM sent owners a letter saying they’re getting a ~$5,600 check as payback over these price drops. I can’t imagine they’d do that if the new lower price was mostly a decontented car.

I’m guessing there’s cheaper Blazer EVs coming with FWD and no required packages (driver comfort/convenience).

Isn't the cheaper blazer really the smaller the equinox ?

No, the Blazer EV is a mid-size EUV that competes with all the others.
The Equinox is a small EUV

Let me rephrase.
Im aware the equinox is smaller, thats why I said "the smaller equinox".

Although the various Blazer configs may vary in price, if someone wants a substantively cheaper GM EUV they likely aren't looking at the blazer, but the smaller equinox or hopefully reimagined bolt.

The diff between the RWD version and the AWD version is 1575, I cant see a FWD version (if one comes out) costing 3300 less than the RWD version as 365 commented in post #6

Of course the MSRP on GM product is meaningless anyway as the dealer is in full control of what the car costs not GM.

Let me rephrase.
Im aware the equinox is smaller, thats why I said "the smaller equinox".

Although the various Blazer configs may vary in price, if someone wants a substantively cheaper GM EUV they likely aren't looking at the blazer, but the smaller equinox or hopefully reimagined bolt.

The diff between the RWD version and the AWD version is 1575, I cant see a FWD version (if one comes out) costing 3300 less than the RWD version as 365 commented in post #6

Of course the MSRP on GM product is meaningless anyway as the dealer is in full control of what the car costs not GM.

I’m basing that guess on the Equinox EV. The AWD Equinox EV models are a $3,300 premium over the FWD models. As far as I can tell the FWD and AWD Blazer EV and Equinox EV have the exact same motors and battery. Seems plausible to me the price differences would be the same. Thats just my guess though.

I dug back a bit and what I found was -

Where the crossovers really diverge is powertrains as the Equinox EV will be offered with front- and all-wheel drive. The former has an estimated 213 hp (159 kW / 216 PS) and 236 lb-ft (320 Nm) of torque, while the latter boasts 288 hp (215 kW / 292 PS) and 346 lb-ft (469 Nm).

The Blazer EV is more interesting as it offers front-, rear-, and all-wheel drive. The company hasn’t said much about the front-wheel drive variant, but the all-wheel drive model has 288 hp (215 kW / 292 PS) and 333 lb-ft (451 Nm) of torque. The rear-wheel drive variant packs 340 hp (254 kW / 345 PS) and 325 lb-ft (440 Nm) of torque, while the range-topping SS will have 557 hp (415 kW / 565 PS) and 648 lb-ft (878 Nm).

It seems the equinox's 213HP assembly is the wildcard - I can see a FWD blazer with only that small mill being 3K cheaper, but if the FWD is the same as the RWD I dont see how they can drop the price blows what the RWD is.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what would you guys say is the blazer EV's competition is?

I'm curious, what would you guys say is the blazer EV's competition is?
I have been in any of them but it's no secret I have been playing with GM stock purchases the last 6+ months so I read up lightly.
I think based on internet road tests by the media in my mind would be the Kia EV6, Hyundai Ioniq5
Some media roads tests even throw the Tesla Model Y in there and the Mustang but I dont agree based on shape I think the styling of the Kia and Hyundai are the closest match but have not gone as far as looked at interior room

I really like the look of this Blazer, I dont like the price AT ALL but if that doesnt matter to someone and willing to put up with typical GM new model issues as it always takes them a few years to iron out problems. *LOL* Anyone buying a new GM car, gas or electric is a beta tester. For me, cant deny though, they get the look and price normally right except EVs right now are way to expensive for our household except for that Bolt which GM once again screwed up when they decides to cancel their one successful EV and then back tracked to continue it but there will be a 6 or more month delay now in new production.

I think many CEOs live in a bubble unaware what the public is thinking outside their corporate walls.

Last edited:
Back