Chev Express 3500 T6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Boss's van, rarely gets a long run, TONS of very short drives. Instead of the 5W30 Dexos, I decided to go with the T6 5W40. My logic was that it would hold up better against the fuel dissolution. Did I do the right thing? Changing the oil tomorrow. Thanks!
smile.gif

There are hundred of thousands (millions?) of these rigs running commercial service out to hundreds of thousands of miles on the cheapest readily available starburst oils. I'd say OCI is more significant here than the product used.

Wallyworld has T6 at a good price. 22 bucks for 4 quarts in most stores. At that price, why go for cheap stuff?

Originally Posted By: nascarnation
There are hundred of thousands (millions?) of these rigs running commercial service out to hundreds of thousands of miles on the cheapest readily available starburst oils. I'd say OCI is more significant here than the product used.

Do you have any actual statistics or surveys, sales charts from Chevrolet- OR are you creating nonsense?

GM sells roughly 110,000 per year in NA. (Express + Savana).
The typical lifespan in commercial usage is budgeted at 10 years and 200,000 miles.

And most of those operators have never read an owners manual. They run whatever they have for the whole fleet. Often an HDEO or a 10W-30 fleet oil. Trucks just keep on running
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back