Cauliflower gnocchi

Tried cauliflower mashed potatoes once and didn't care for it. On the other hand, this Trader Joe's gnocchi is pretty good and relatively healthy. 3 1/2 servings in the package are 300 calories. Pan fried them in olive oil along with a salad for dinner. Almost finished them all off.

IMG_4662.JPG

I did finish them off. Thought they were pretty good. Got a crunchy crust on some of the pieces. Kind of like mac and cheese finished off in the oven to form a crust.
Recently received a pkg, tried 'em, and found them to be disgusting. If ever I were to cross paths with them again, I'll try your tip to finish them off in the oven. My countertop oven would be ideal.

gotta see-check the label for other no-nos often added to seeming healthy alternatives!! trying stuff is the only way YOU know if you like it. got some grain free pasta recently but not used yet. proteins in modern wheat amolypectin A skyrockets blood sugars according to DR Davis, author of wheat belly etc

I've had General Tso's cauliflower a couple times at restaurants. Very good!

Good to know; haven't seen this. We don't have a TJs convenient where I am but I'll look at other markets.

I eat cauliflower rice a lot - super convenient and little or no difference. These might be fun once in a while.

I did finish them off. Thought they were pretty good. Got a crunchy crust on some of the pieces. Kind of like mac and cheese finished off in the oven to form a crust.

I think they would have cooked up nicely in an air fryer if you have one.
Sometimes I air fry cauliflower as is with no oil and it comes out quite good.
I eat a lot of broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. It's good for the gut flora, plus low in calories.

Back