Catrol Edge 0w30 vs Amsoil SS 0w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: apollo18
ohh makes sense, so for me wanting a 0w30 oil, i should choose between the labelled 0w30. i think ill just go with any of the two? doesnt really make a diff?

Make a detectable difference in which one meets the cold cranking specification? Or one that is “better“ than another?

ohh makes sense, so for me wanting a 0w30 oil, i should choose between the labelled 0w30. i think ill just go with any of the two? doesnt really make a diff?

The Amsoil is thinner and more similar to the Mobil 1 AFE product I mentioned earlier, the Castrol product is a fair bit heavier and much closer to a 0w-40.

ehh, heard the mobil 1 afe isnt as good as the two above. i dont really care about price tbh ahah, just want the best oil

There's another Imperial Oil option to consider. Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0w-30 is suitable for gasoline engines, comes in 5 gallon pails, and probably costs under $6 per litre from the distributor, which will be significantly cheaper than Amsoil or GC in 1 litre containers. If you want GC 0w-30, the 0w-40 options will work, too, and be at a better price. Petro-Canada also has HDEO and PCMO options in 0w-30, as already indicated in the thread.

Additionally, there's nothing wrong with considering M1 AFE 0w-30. It can certainly be found on special at times. Heck, M1 0w-40 wouldn't even be an out to lunch choice, either.

Just lived for almost 5 years in Northern Montana, 60 miles from the Canadian border; used Amsoil 0w30 in two vehicles the entire time with good UOA and easy starts down to -40.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'd go with whatever I could get locally the cheapest. I used AFE 0W30 for a few years with no problems whatsoever.

Second that! Cheapest 0W30 or 0W40 at CT.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Just lived for almost 5 years in Northern Montana, 60 miles from the Canadian border; used Amsoil 0w30 in two vehicles the entire time with good UOA and easy starts down to -40.

That there would get you a job up here!
crackmeup2.gif
08.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back