Castrol GTX HM 10W-40 $1.65/qt AAP

Just picked up 38qts. Online price was $2.75, but once picked up in store the price came up as $1.65. Came up to $70.02 after tax for 38qts.
Edit: Just found 7 more quarts at a different store. Everyone else is empty in a 50 mile radius.

Last edited:
My AAP I walked to today, got last 22 quarts GTX HM 10w40. On clearance cart (Husky brand plastic cart). Marked $1, asked for manager; he sold me them for 75 cent each. ☠️💀😱

Conworker lives near that AAP so he gave me ride to my place 😍😍
That's AWESOME, love it.

my experience: maybe this is also dependent on your area, whenever I pick up oil that is on clearance, those people look at my face like they missed a deal and more often than not say "At least someone got a deal" I have heard this so many times 🤯...there is no way they would reduce the price even further, I did try asking a few times and they said they can't (which I know to not be true).

That's AWESOME, love it.

my experience: maybe this is also dependent on your area, whenever I pick up oil that is on clearance, those people look at my face like they missed a deal and more often than not say "At least someone got a deal" I have heard this so many times 🤯...there is no way they would reduce the price even further, I did try asking a few times and they said they can't (which I know to not be true).
Love it

My AAP I walked to today, got last 22 quarts GTX HM 10w40. On clearance cart (Husky brand plastic cart). Marked $1, asked for manager; he sold me them for 75 cent each. ☠️💀😱

Conworker lives near that AAP so he gave me ride to my place 😍😍
Awesome score buddy!

That's AWESOME, love it.

I tried the same thing but they wouldn't mark anything down any further.

The one store I went to had 5-qt jugs of GTX HM 10W-40 near the counter. The guy said "do you want an even better deal?" I said, "Yeah". He said "Grab one of those jugs".

Scanned it, and he proudly said "See!". 5-quarts rang up for $10.96. I said "Yeah... but I bought these quarts for $1.79 with tax, and this jug is over $2-2.20 per quart". He sounded defeated. I told him if he'd sell them for $8 a jug I'd take all he had off his hands. Didn't want to sell them.

Did the doings of simple math surprise 'em?

Was able to get 15 quart bottles - all were SN or SN plus. Went to all 3 stores within 30 minute drive. Cleared 2 stores. 1 store rang up as 4.65/qt. I offered the usual $1.65/qt and the store clerk just laughed and told me he’d have bought them all at that price. Thanks OP!

I think this is location-based.

When I was downtown Chicago it showed, $3.75, when I came back home (suburbs) it was $1.65. I haven't returned to downtown to verify this, but I think that might be the case.
When I first noticed this deal posted, my local stores were showing $1.65 online, I later checked and it showed the $3.75 price. I thought I missed the deal, and then checked again later that night and it was back down to $1.65 again. I was able to order 11 quarts between 2 stores. The one store was an old carquest location, and they were very surprised when they noticed what the price was. The person even called over another employee to look at the computer, and then told him that it was already paid for and good to go.

When I first noticed this deal posted, my local stores were showing $1.65 online, I later checked and it showed the $3.75 price. I thought I missed the deal, and then checked again later that night and it was back down to $1.65 again. I was able to order 11 quarts between 2 stores. The one store was an old carquest location, and they were very surprised when they noticed what the price was. The person even called over another employee to look at the computer, and then told him that it was already paid for and good to go.
"it was already paid for" I find that so annoying because many times I have seen employees try not to sell the clearance item or change it to the online price, that's dishonesty...there is a difference between a pricing error and a clearance item...this isn't $0.25...

Back