Carquest #85348, 4,600 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Purolator made Carquest filter. Off a lady friends new to her 2016 Ford Escape with 2.0 4cylinder engine. Sticker showed Valvoline SYN. Put a tough guard 3614 and some Maxlife full SYN 5w30 in and on. Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

91mb1k.jpg

1fe1rp.jpg

2zz42o3.jpg

14vsh7a.jpg

5bwvpt.jpg

o0tlw8.jpg

28v6fco.jpg

x1y9go.jpg

nfmz3a.jpg

1z70whv.jpg

That's a decent looking Purolator filter. The Carquest Blue used to be my favorite filter back when it was Wix/Champ/Clarcor made. I don't think I'll be buying any of the "new Blue" in Purolator though.

Yeah, I wouldn't go out and buy a 2016 era CQ "red" either given past two years Puro's track record either

Gotta say; does look OK though considering engine and miles on it/filter

Last edited by a moderator:
Car51,

Agreed, anymore I try to stay away from Purolator. Which sucks because I really liked the Pure One when it first came out about 10 years ago. Hopefully Wix doesn't go down the same wormhole as Purolator. I have enough old school Wix filters to last me a while so I'll be good while the data comes in but I think only time will tell. Agreed that this single datapoint on a Purolator CQ red looks good, but one datapoint does not constitute a trend. I'd love to see more Purolator CQ filters cut, especially a CQ Blue made after the switch to Purolator.

Is this the old Champion Lab made one or the newer Purolator made one?? I agree about how good the Champion Lab made ones were. Good job here Captain.

Bbhero: this is a Purolator made one. If you look at first or 2nd pic it has the Puro date code
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back