Carnivore Diet - not to derail any of the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the carnivore's diet could be very beneficial as it eliminates so many 'problem' foods...
and then you could reintroduce one food at a time and see how you react. The most important
thing is buy high quality foods which are at a premium and if its too much just eat less.

Eating the carnivore diet long term is hard to make it sustainable with the world of food we live in
currently but it may help one find out what is right for one individual as we are all so unique.

Both of those folks look to me like they've had work done. Maybe that's just me. I'm sure their diet plus some role, but all of it?

————-

Carnivore might be good for some but not all. Seems like using fringe examples like eskimos as the basis for nutritional sufficiency is a stretch.

—————

There's probably too much population for the numbers that need this to all be sufficiently supported by it. Then what? Didn't the 2525 song indicate that everything would be in the pill you took today?

Originally Posted by Silk
We are omnivores, like most of the primate family - opportunists. Eat what you can, when you can, it's kept us alive for thousands of years.

I read a book years ago about one of the polar explorers, Shackleton I presume. They were having some trouble getting to the pole, failing. Carrying all their provisions, cooking meals...and then people getting ill. He looked at the diet of the people who live in the area...and Eskimos are maybe the only true carnivore humans, they can't and don't cook their meat. So Shackleton had his men eat raw meat, and their health improved vastly.

So, how much of a carnivore are you ?

Sorry to burst your bubble Bud but we prefer to cook our meat. When only eat raw when conditions do not permit it. Even then often the uncooked meat is still processed like dried and jerky.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Both of those folks look to me like they've had work done. Maybe that's just me. I'm sure their diet plus some role, but all of it?

————-

Carnivore might be good for some but not all. Seems like using fringe examples like eskimos as the basis for nutritional sufficiency is a stretch.

—————

There's probably too much population for the numbers that need this to all be sufficiently supported by it. Then what? Didn't the 2525 song indicate that everything would be in the pill you took today?

We still like to gather berries, tubers, grasses, sea weed, and other plant matter to eat. We are all humans although some foods are harmful to some in general we benefit from eating from mutiple food sources.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Shannow
When I was a kid, my grandparents owned a fruit and vegetable shop in a (then) gorgeous town called Daylesford.

My Nan couldn't understand why the Italians would buy a "perfectly good" tomato, then blanch the skins off, scrape out the seeds, then eat the flesh only in their antipastos and sauces.

Now I understand exactly why...

Why? Are you saying the seeds, skin and insides of tomatoes are bad?

Couple of issues...tomatoes (and peppers, and potatoes and eggplants) are related to belladona (nightshade), which is evolution wise only a relatively new food source to Europeans, only coming to us when America was discovered.

Tomatoes have toxins in the skin and sees called lectins...the skins, to stop animals wanting to eat them...the seeds, to make sure that they pass through you...the flesh part has nearly none, to make you want to distribute the seeds when they are ripe.

So getting rid of the seeds and skins, many of the lectins are removed. Which is what the Italian's did.

Now in my daughter's case, on top of the celiac, she's pretty sensitive to nightshades, having a bad reaction to tomatoes, which can only be partially ameliorated by skinning and deseeding...long slow cooking (e.g. tomato paste, ketchup, and canned soup) she has no discernable reaction...she had fries for lunch Saturday (which she knows not to), and had hives yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back