Car Wash Soap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Originally Posted by Toros
Meh... Car wash soap is car wash soap. I've used Meguiars fancy pink glop from Costco and the El cheapo Walmart blue stuff. Zero difference but for smell. It's all the ssme stuff except one throws more bucks at marketing. Fact

WRONG!

Just compare the Meguiar's GOLD CLASS car wash to the off-brand that is NEARLY identical, the Meguiar's name brand soap has more viscosity. The off brand on the shelf is like water!

You basically want much wax in your soap, and it needs to be thick enough to "stay" on the vehicle and not run off while you are washing, I wash with a dedicated brush. dirty/clean wash pales, and add a extra cup full to wash water to ensure lubricatcy.

Come back to me when you have your PhD in chemical engineering.

Rather than arguing over car wash soap, let's have a meaningful discussion about the merits of using real green Predator blood vs synthetic green Predator blood vs T-800 / T-850 Model 101 hydraulic fluid vs T-1000 liquid metal...
cheers3.gif

Interesting comment on the suds.
I use my cordless drill and chuck in the paint mixer and " whip up" the suds before I dunk my wash glove in the soap......

Meh... Car wash soap is car wash soap. I've used Meguiars fancy pink glop from Costco and the El cheapo Walmart blue stuff. Zero difference but for smell. It's all the ssme stuff except one throws more bucks at marketing. Fact

WRONG!

Just compare the Meguiar's GOLD CLASS car wash to the off-brand that is NEARLY identical, the Meguiar's name brand soap has more viscosity. The off brand on the shelf is like water!

You basically want much wax in your soap, and it needs to be thick enough to "stay" on the vehicle and not run off while you are washing, I wash with a dedicated brush. dirty/clean wash pales, and add a extra cup full to wash water to ensure lubricatcy.

Come back when you even have an argument. You are the one saying it's all the same, yet you provide no evidence of such claim. So I said you are wrong. The burden of proof is on you. Show us how awesome you are, show us how they all got the same amount of Carnauba wax, show me how a $3 wax bottle is the SAME as a $7 wax, show me the identical formulas. I will block you now.

Last edited:

WRONG!

Come back when you even have an argument. You are the one saying it's all the same, yet you provide no evidence of such claim. So I said you are wrong. The burden of proof is on you. Show us how awesome you are, show us how they all got the same amount of Carnauba wax, show me how a $3 wax bottle is the SAME as a $7 wax, show me the identical formulas. I will block you now.

Meh. It's all the same.

Meh. It's all the same.

Having actually used a bunch of different soaps, they're not all the same. Yeah, they look pretty much the same right after you wash, but the Meguiars Ultimate and Mothers Carnauba wash and wax have both consistently kept my car cleaner for longer between washes, in my experience, than the cheaper stuff.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Taildragger
Not sure that suds do any actual cleaning....
Detergent manufacturers put foaming agents in their soaps for a reason. The foam or bubbles actually hold loosened "dirt" in suspension and helps remove the dirt while rinsing.

Interesting. I was told by someone in the industry that the suds are cosmetic because that's what customers expect. He said soaps are designed to break the (polar?) bonds between "dirt" and the surface it's attached to.

WRONG!

A battle over car soap!

My opinion: if you just want a clean car that will last what it's supposed to, $4 is as good as $400. If you have a collector car, or you love detailing and having the shiniest car, then my opinion is probably false.

For the majority of Americans, this is the advice they need. For some in this detailing thread, it's not.

Not really. Cheaper car wash soaps usually contain more water and less shine enhancers. Consequently you use more of the cheaper product.

There is a difference in car soaps. The better ones have more lubricity and are better in suspending dirt particles. Suds are like anything else, too little doesn't do anything, too much is a hindrance.

I just go to the Chemical Guys HQ to buy their Extreme Body Wash Plus Wax (Carnuba and synthetic)... I work around the corner from them.

Currently using Turtle Max power soap. Works fine, nice to be able to run a higher ratio to strip bugs/wax. Almost out and probably gonna try a different soap next. Turtle Ice wash and wax come out like a gel and doesn't sud up as well as other soaps.

Gold Class has always been my go-to soap.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Last weekend I tried some of the Dollar General car wash soap for a buck. It wasn't that bad and is blue in color. The suds and lubricity were fine. It says to use 2-4 ounces in the bucket. I think the bottle contains 20 ounces of soap. I probably used a good 6-8 ounces since it came out of the bottle so fast. Even though it says it's a gel soap. Afterwards I used some Durgloss Aquawax while drying and it turned out great.

In a few weeks I will give it a proper detail. This is the first hand wash the car has received since winter. Much better than the Armor All soap I've tried in the past. Prob my favorite is Duragloss cherry car wash soap. Nice sheeting action when rinsing. Next up I'll try the Megs Gold Class.

+1 Duragloss cherry car wash soap

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
I just go to the Chemical Guys HQ to buy their Extreme Body Wash Plus Wax (Carnuba and synthetic)... I work around the corner from them.

Well then, you are not really from parts unknown anymore, are you?

In a few weeks I will give it a proper detail. This is the first hand wash the car has received since winter. Much better than the Armor All soap I've tried in the past. Prob my favorite is Duragloss cherry car wash soap. Nice sheeting action when rinsing. Next up I'll try the Megs Gold Class.

I use Chemical Guys in the foam gun or cannon - it seems to work best in those applications.

Now, if I need to rewax and switch brands or types of wax Dawn.

Originally Posted by flemiis

Just like what I said on the first page.

Originally Posted by flemiis

Just like what I said on the first page.

Very interesting. Some plagiarism going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back