Car Related YouTube Channels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy watching various automotive related videos on YouTube. I have learned a lot watching them and I am still struck by how cool it is that anyone can share what they know with anyone else.

I subscribe to:
ChuckE2009 (Not strictly auto related but darn good for welding and such)
ElderlyIron
1963impala2dr
Restodan
AutoRestoMod

I am not affiliated with any of these channels; I just enjoy watching them. Who else enjoys watching the progress of other folk’s projects? If you are a BITOGer that enjoys YouTube, to whom do you subscribe?

I agree with Drew, Ericthecarguy is my favorite too. He explains in simple term and he shows every step clearly so that anybody can understand.

MotorTrend has some good stuff. I like the Hot Rod mag vids (specifically the Roadkill series)

Richpin (may not be his exact user id) has lots of saturn stuff but other makes too, and a proper boston accent.

32.gif
I made about $15 in google adsense for getting 40k hits on me using a harbor freight tire changer. Most of the hits related to arguments were about my doing it wrong, and my defense of its needing to be portable and not bolted down.

Elderlyiron is good

Wager59270 has some neat videos (though he hasn't been making them in a while)

Corvairwild has lots of old suburbans

richpin06 - excellent and very detailed, he works on alot of older saturns among other vehicles. sometimes he delves into model t's or old vw's.

briansmobile1 - lots and lots of good videos here, learned alot about subarus from him. his teaching style takes some getting used to but very informative.

fiatnutz - if you are ever interested in machine shop work (heads, etc) he demonstrates the magic behind it.

robinsonsauto - just starting to watch him, but again lots and lots of good videos here.

ScannerDanner - if you are really into sensor diagnostics or general electric stuff he seems to be the guy, i dont like the way he teaches but electrical stuff is a mystery to me anyway.

scottykilmer - sometimes has interesting videos, i'm not a fan frankly. he does not go into any detail and his idea of proper torquing is "snug" versus the proper method.

Last edited:
realfixesrealfast - hosted by gentleman named Duane. Shows real life repair situations in his automotive repair business. He is really great with diagnostics and explaining how he found the root problem.

He has a few videos where he explains the symptoms and then you have to guess what is wrong, and explains the answer in part 2 and 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-x-mnMCQKE&list=UUBFI1mrpMg8EETeRZv0YTNA&index=51

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
mightycarmods
ericthecarguy
scottykilmer

Its all good.

Subscribed! ScannerDanner too! keep em coming!

Speaking as an old aircraft mechanic; I find Ericthe carguy to be extremely crude. I sometimes enjoy watching him, but he seems to be of the "get a bigger hammer" school.

I guess if you get the job done and cause no damage it's OK.

YMMV
Smoky

I like these guys but get very disappointed when they go on parts change spree before noticing missing fuse or a broken wire. Then we get told, "those needed to be changed anyway!"

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Richpin (may not be his exact user id) has lots of saturn stuff but other makes too, and a proper boston accent.

Richpin is great because he sets up his camera on a tripod and uses lots of good lighting, which is a rarity in the video world (watch some guy try to fix something with the camera in one hand and the wrench in the other with no lights and you'll see what I mean). And his accent is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back