Car Ramps for low profile cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting--but why is it upside down? I'd be worried about breaking the board.

I'd flip it over, then rip a 1x1x6(?) strip and put it at the very end. You would feel the car ride up on the first 2x, then ride up on the second 2x, then when you feel it hit the third--stop.

Originally Posted by supton
Interesting--but why is it upside down? I'd be worried about breaking the board.

I'd flip it over, then rip a 1x1x6(?) strip and put it at the very end. You would feel the car ride up on the first 2x, then ride up on the second 2x, then when you feel it hit the third--stop.

It's upside down because it doesn't sit flat on the ground, but tilted down. The tire runs up on it at an angle, then it flips up. It acts more like a ramp this way than when the tire encounters the flat edge. I tried using them with the long board down because that's what I intended when I made them, but turning them over and letting them tilt makes it easier to roll up on them.

I like your idea of a bump strip.

Last edited:
I put a piece of scrap wood in front of my ramps. I think it's a 2x6 or 2x8

I keep telling myself that I'm going to attach the boards to my ramps so I don't lose them or so they don't slip, but I haven't bothered doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back