Car Craft, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords and 4 Wheel & Off Road have all Ceased

I remember when 4WOR first came out it the late '70's. It's a shame they couldn't do a final edition of some type. Also Automobile Magazine and JP got canned.

Consumers are willing to accept 50% of the content at 0% of the price....

I think that's right.

Im conflicted - I like glossy print brochures. I like reading websites and forums on the computer/iDevice, but there's something about print sales brochures and magazines that I like. But the flip side is, wen youre done, then there's a pile of wasted paper.

Couple all this with videos online that include DIY, reviews, etc... Plus folks on web forums doing the same... and it makes it hard to compete.

I boycott TV, particularly cable, because I refuse to pay to watch ads, and peoples' agendas... The HUGE amount of advertising in magazines didnt bother me as much, as I can flip by and are not a captive audience, but it seems like in recent years, when Ive bought magazines (generally before long flights), it seems like content has decreased, ads increased, and I dont always have stuff that's interesting to me for the ever-growing news stand price.

But its sad to see these go. One of my favorite things to do when growing up was to spend hours in the library or bookstore reading magazines that had all kinds of articles of interest on any number of topics.

It's a sign of the times. With everyone living on their phones, I'm surprised that there are still some magazines still being published.

I can't recall the last time I've been in a bookstore (prior to the lockdown). Most advertising has shifted online or apps like Motor trend with paid subscriptions.

Yea, RIP a lot of print magazines in general. I used to get CPU and MaxPC but they sadly were let go early in the digital-copy transition early 2010s.

Back