Canadian Tire oils now made by Mystique/Citgo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this is earth-shattering news, but it looks like Canadian Tire, after YEARS of having Shell make their oils, is quickly moving to source their oils from Mystic/Citgo.

All of the specialty and diesel oils started a while ago showing up in Mystic-style jugs; and now the CT Formula 1 synthetic oils are all moving to Mystique-style jugs, both the Euro synthetic oils, and regular API synthetic oils. You can see the obvious difference in the jugs now.

All the conventional oils still seem to be in Shell-style jugs, so they may just be moving to sourcing syn oils from Mystic, but it is interesting to see this big of a change.

Well, I think Citgo/Mystic make good-quality oils that are well-regarded here, ignoring the Venezuela thing.

If you look at the PDS, they seem to be decent oils, the 5W-30 syn has a really low CCS@-30, so that is good for Canadians.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
what does this mean for the quality of the oils offered?

It means your mistress is going to love you.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

Looks like I'll be avoiding CTC oil for sure, used to use it before I went full synthetic!!!

CITGO produces decent products, don't they?

I have been a 20+ year user of their Mystik line of products and they have consistently had good performance.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
what does this mean for the quality of the oils offered?

It means your mistress is going to love you.

01.gif

I can't see there being any problems. People may have their reasons to avoid them, but that happens with all kinds of brands. I haven't been a buyer of Canadian Tire house brands, but many obviously are, and if CITGO is looking to break into the Canadian market, they've probably chosen a reasonable way to do so.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I can't see there being any problems. People may have their reasons to avoid them, but that happens with all kinds of brands. I haven't been a buyer of Canadian Tire house brands, but many obviously are, and if CITGO is looking to break into the Canadian market, they've probably chosen a reasonable way to do so.

Now I understand.

Thanks Garak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back