Can I use IPA 70% to clean windshield?

Originally Posted by qdeezie
For what it's worth, I use Zep citrus degreaser diluted 4:1 with distilled water to clean my windshield. Then after wiping it down with that, I follow up with a glass cleaner. I got the idea from a youtuber by the name Dallas Paint Correction and Detailing (IIRC). He uses Citrol, but I figured I'd try Zep and it works well for me. Especially after road trips to the country and the windshield is loaded up with bug splattering.

When time permits, I clay my windshield after cleaning with the Zep. Either way, clay or not the citrus Zep diluted 4:1 works great and is a wonderful tool as it relates to stopping chattering wiper blades.

IPA used to be cheap. But I might take this offer, however, does it streaks?

The reason why I like using IPA is because it does not streaks and flashes off fast.

The question still remains, is it bad to use IPA 70% to wipe clean the windshield?

Originally Posted by painfx
The question still remains, is it bad to use IPA 70% to wipe clean the windshield?

Why would it be? An alcohol is not going to harm the glass. You can use lacquer thinner or even methylene chloride and it's not going to attack glass.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by painfx

Why would it be? An alcohol is not going to harm the glass. You can use lacquer thinner or even methylene chloride and it's not going to attack glass.

Thanks. Good to know. I searched on google and some say its bad and not much info.

Back