Calling All Milk Drinkers

Do we have any heavy weight milk drinkers here? 🏋️‍♂️
I guess I'm one. I usually drink 2% but will drink whole milk if there's no 2%. I can usually go through a gallon in (2) days. The colder the better. I keep my milk on the very bottom shelf of my fridge. When maintenance checks our appliances, my freezer reads -2* and my fridge reads 33*-35*. I have a very nice 1-1/2-2-year-old Kenmore fridge.
Any other heavy weight milk drinkers here? 🏋️‍♂️

I used to drink milk alot but over the past 6 years or so I have switched to unsweetened almond milk...

I used to drink a lot of milk. However, it is as calorie dense as soda (for the most part)

The mix of macros is better than soda, but I don’t need the sugars from either.

I’ve moved to Fairlife as it has half the carbs.

Or the occasional chocolate milk post workout. Chocolate milk compares favorably to many post-workout drinks without the specialty price.

The younger version of myself drank a good bit of milk. The older version of me hardly touches the stuff. I rarely eat ice cream. Milk just doesn’t agree with my system. I can handle cheese. I love just about any kind of cheese. Cheese doesn’t bother my system like milk or ice cream.

Not anymore and no soda either. For me filtered cold water is the best. I'm taking multi-vitamins daily and never looked back.

yep! We buy 4 gallons at a time and I'm the only one who drinks it. I drink 2% but like whole as well.

One time we needed milk and I picked up 4 gallons and my GF picked up 4 gallons. So we had 8 gallons in the fridge. I drank it all before any of it expired.

I drink either milk or water. No soda or alcohol.

I like 2% but only drink a glass every 3 days or so and end up throwing milk away sometimes which is a waste I know. We use it for cooking and my wife always drinks one of those Almond or gourmet varieties. She makes a slushie with all kinds of fruits every single morning for herself. I like to put Hershey's chocolate syrup in mine sometimes.

Whole milk is the only thing I drink and I have a strong preference for raw milk, should that not be available I get locally sourced 100% grassmilk.

Less processing is better for you.
Milk is for babies. Humans are the only animals that consume it post infancy. It's high in calories and fat which is great for a growing infant, but not exactly healthy for adults. That it tastes like liquid chalk doesn't help.

You are going to have to elaborate on that one. Over the past year I have moved to primarily consuming foods high in animal fat and have seen a drastic improvement in my health as well as substantial weight loss.

I grew up in the '80s and have been told my entire life that things that are high in cholesterol and fat are bad and that I should avoid foods like red meat, eggs, butter, milk, etc and following that the advice put me in poor health and a pre-diabetic state. Lo and behold when I go back to eating those foods on a regular basis my health radically improves. Not all "expert advice" is good advice and in this case it is not ancestrally consistent as far as the human diet throughout the entirety of our existence.

I drink a gallon a week of raw goat milk and sometimes raw A2 cow milk. It’s easy to find where I live in rural MO.

Back