Cadillac SRX Amsoil thoughts? 75K miles

Just like the title says I have a 2016 Cadillac SRX with 76K mikes… always have ran synthetic(what ever the place would give me) and just now I decided to get amsoil signature series with a extended drain interval filter.

Should I go longer then the 6K miles I was with just run of the mill synthetics ????

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• IMG_5974.jpeg
    IMG_5974.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 9
Am I misremembering or do these have a known oil burning issue?
Not sure about that… I have never leaked or noticed any oil consumption with it.. maybe first oil change under 10K miles burned a little but since then none….

Just like the title says I have a 2016 Cadillac SRX with 76K mikes… always have ran synthetic(what ever the place would give me) and just now I decided to get amsoil signature series with a extended drain interval filter.

Should I go longer then the 6K miles I was with just run of the mill synthetics ????

Thanks everyone
I’d say M1 5w30 at 5k OCI’s.

Any cheap syn will do 6k without issue. I'd only use amsoil sig if I'm doing at least 15k. Less than that just use m1 ep.

15k miles without a UOA? That's 2 .5 x more than your 6k recommendation. Not good.
Amsoil signature series can do 15k in engines extremely similar to his. There are people that have taken that oil to the 25k rating and the UOAs don't look bad. The iron might look high on its own but when you look at it on a per thousand mile basis it's fine.

On a GM direct injection I would go with Mobil1 EP 5w30 and change at 5,000 mile OCI. Is LSPI still a thing with DI engines?
On turbo gdi engines yes. On na engines no. But not all gdi engines have bad fuel dilution. Some will have just a bit more than a regular FI engine. Some just dump fuel into the cylinders.

I’m trying to remember what the manufacturer oil change interval is on these, is it 7,500? I would think Amsoil should be able to handle 10,000, but didn’t these things have timing chain issues? But I’d say as long as you keep up with the oil level, 10,000 should be ok using Amsoil. I mean, it’s Amsoil, it’s one of the best oils out there.

you have the 3.6 right???...I'd stick to whatever the newest version of Dexos labeled oil is (currently Dexos 1 Gen3) a good oil filter (which could be the OEM AC Delco filter) and not more than 5K oil changes...

my choice would be Mobil 1 EP (after rebate a better buy than regular Mobil 1) 5W-30 and the current PF/UPF filter with a 5K OCI or follow your Oil Life Monitor

Good luck with your choice

Bill

Why not run the oil for 6K, pull a sample from the dipstick tube get a UOA, then make the determination of how far the oil can go from there? Data vs members here guessing wins every time IMO. No disrespect intended.

Back