Brutal article about Hailie Deegan

......... I think the tools of Nascar took delight in putting her into the wall and otherwise hampering her......
Danica was "talented" enough to hit the wall all on her own. She didn't need the "tools" of NASCAR to help her do it. There is a big difference in knowing how to drive, and knowing how to race. And being able to do both at the same time.

Danica was "talented" enough to hit the wall all on her own. She didn't need the "tools" of NASCAR to help her do it. There is a big difference in knowing how to drive, and knowing how to race. And being able to do both at the same time.
No, it was the tools of Nascar. You can love Jeff Gordon and worship Ironhead. It doesn't diminish the talent that Danica Patrick had.

No, it was the tools of Nascar. You can love Jeff Gordon and worship Ironhead. It doesn't diminish the talent that Danica Patrick had.
Here is a very accurate, and very fair breakdown of her entire driving career, start to finish. She was good looking and very marketable. And she made a ton of money for both her sponsors and herself. Which she deserves.

As a pitchman she was one of the best. And still is, (now hawking Endurance auto repair insurance). As a driver she was one of the worst.... If not the worst. So don't sit there and even presume to tell me about her so called "talent" in NASCAR. Because there simply wasn't any. That she proved in most every single race she started in the Cup Series.

And blaming her poor performance on the actions of other drivers is simply ignorant. She had superior equipment throughout her entire NASCAR racing career. Certainly far more than any other woman driver that preceded her. And most likely any woman who will ever attempt to follow in her footsteps.

This in both Indy Car, as well as in NASCAR. And all she could manage to do with it was wreck it. Week in and week out. Year in and year out. For a total of 191 races. Everything else is nothing but a bunch of mindless, pro woman, barstool B.S.

Here is a very accurate, and very fair breakdown of her entire driving career, start to finish. She was good looking and very marketable. And she made a ton of money for both her sponsors and herself. Which she deserves.

As a pitchman she was one of the best. And still is, (now hawking Endurance auto repair insurance). As a driver she was one of the worst.... If not the worst. So don't sit there and even presume to tell me about her so called "talent" in NASCAR. Because there simply wasn't any. That she proved in most every single race she started in the Cup Series.

And blaming her poor performance on the actions of other drivers is simply ignorant. She had superior equipment throughout her entire NASCAR racing career. Certainly far more than any other woman driver that preceded her. And most likely any woman who will ever attempt to follow in her footsteps.

This in both Indy Car, as well as in NASCAR. And all she could manage to do with it was wreck it. Week in and week out. Year in and year out. For a total of 191 races. Everything else is nothing but a bunch of mindless, pro woman, barstool B.S.

I get it. You have some type of personal hate against Danica Patrick. You can't be objective and can't see around your bias. Does this hate only apply to Danica or is there some type of psychosis involved here? Chill!

I get it. You have some type of personal hate against Danica Patrick. You can't be objective and can't see around your bias. Does this hate only apply to Danica or is there some type of psychosis involved here? Chill!
No, you don't, "get it". I have no "bias" against her, or any other female driver for that matter. What I won't tolerate is a bunch of unsubstantiated B.S. about how "good" of a driver she was, when in fact she wasn't. Not even close. As her own statistics prove.

As far as any money she earned, she deserves it, and is as every bit entitled to it, just as much as any other driver. In her case most any other male driver would have performed far better, with the exact same equipment she had. Especially if given 6 full seasons, and almost 200 starts.

This was in fact proven in the video, when after her career in NASCAR ended, and Aric Almirola took over in her car, he managed in just one year to gather 17 top ten finishes. 4 top 5 finishes, 1 win, a playoff berth, and an overall 5th place ranking.....

All with the exact same car and equipment Danica had available to her for her entire 6 year NASCAR career.... That all she managed to accomplish with it, was to wreck it. So stop confusing "bias" with lousy ability, and an overall horrible driving performance with excellent equipment. That someone with better talent, (like Almirola), proved could be so much better.

99.999999% of women fear death more than the average male race car driver. My opinion. Doesn't make me misogynistic. Just an uninformed observation.

Doesn't mean a rare female race car driver couldn't excel.

I just came across this relatively recent video on her, along with Tony Stewart's opinion on her career thus far. She's basically Danica 2.0.... Which equals sellable looks, along with a large presence on social media, minus lack of any real talent. And much like Danica, her stats back it all up.

I just came across this relatively recent video on her, along with Tony Stewart's opinion on her career thus far. She's basically Danica 2.0.... Which equals sellable looks, along with a large presence on social media, minus lack of any real talent. And much like Danica, her stats back it all up.

Danica got in a little trouble last year when she suggested a woman couldn't make it in F1 because of the physical demands.

Brittany, Ashley, and Courtney Force would like a word, right after Leah Pruett and Erica Enders.

This is the part where you say drag racing isn't real racing.
Women have always had an advantage in drag racing due to their weight being less. Angelle Sampey is the winningest PSM jockey of all time. She weighed 30 pounds less than most of the guys back when she was winning back to back championships, that is 30 pounds of ballast they can hang somewhere on the bike to give it a traction advantage.

I guess it could be said that advantage doesn't come into play with Erica though :ROFLMAO:

I first heard of Deegan while checking out Tony Stewart's SRX racing series. Was amused watching her go toe to toe with Paul Tracy in the pits and schooling Helio C. on driving. The author of the article makes a good argument that her results don't justify a better ride this season, she brings big sponsor money and social media exposure to the table. Nothing new really, it's how F1 has worked forever and is openly discussed over there. If you know who her dad is you either love or hate him, but gotta say her brother Haiden is the real deal on motocross bikes with a factory Yamaha ride at 16.

Some will say this is a male/female thing, that may be in the background but she likely just doesn't have the talent.

I don't really follow nascar but isn't she the driver that more or less wrecked her truck every race in the nascar truck series? Is she another Danica Patrick? I raced my rx-7 a few times when I was an SCCA member years ago. I'd given my left arm and both kidneys to have a sponsored ride. I h
Get life isn't fair but.... My boss always said to make a small fortune in racing start with a big one. Even SCCA classes spec or not are getting expensive to be competitive for a season

Don't quit your day job just yet. This is the part where I ask you, if you are going to sit there with a straight face, and honestly tell me that you actually believe Brittany, Ashley, and Courtney Force would have rose to their prospective positions in the NHRA, (winning drivers for multi million dollar race teams), if their father was a carpet salesman, instead of the greatest single person in the history of NHRA drag racing?

Who has won 16 Championships in the NHRA, one in the IHRA, and a total of 22 Championships as a car owner. Hell, if you were better looking and more popular, and married one of his daughters, he might have even put you in one of his cars. He did it to Robert Hight.

Like it or not, that's the way NHRA Drag Racing has become. Yeah, it's "real". But it is no longer, "Run what you brung". Like it was in the 60's. Today if you have the money, and the sponsorship, (which very few have), you can drive. If you don't, you can't.... Regardless of how talented you are, or think you are. Just ask Cruz Pedregon how many seasons he sat out solely because he lacked sponsorship..... Not talent. Or Larry Dixon whose career ended abruptly for the same reason.

Frank Hawley taught the Force sisters how to "drive", the same way he taught Angelle, and several other women at his drag racing school. Before she fell into her huge Winston sponsorship that netted her 3 World Pro Stock Motorcycle championships..... That, along with having George Bryce tuning for her.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from these gals. They're all nice, and they deserve what they have achieved. But drag racing isn't NASCAR, Formula 1, or Indy Car. And it never will be. Not when you only have to spend 2 minutes in the car with the engine running. And actually "drive" it for 3 to 4 seconds.....

Not baking in it for 4+ hours in 95 degree heat, and have to worry about drafting, passing, cornering, pit stops, and 39 other cars and drivers out there, who would just love to see you end up as a wet spot on the wall.
Look at Jennifer Jo Cobbs ( if she's still racing) her budget was shoestring by nascar standards. The problem with that is that her team didn't have enough money to race every race and get points. I don't know much about the nascar schedule and points, but if you only had enough money to race half a season if you finished in the top three every race would you still qualify for the big race at the end of the season?

Look at Jennifer Jo Cobbs ( if she's still racing) her budget was shoestring by nascar standards. The problem with that is that her team didn't have enough money to race every race and get points. I don't know much about the nascar schedule and points, but if you only had enough money to race half a season if you finished in the top three every race would you still qualify for the big race at the end of the season?

Probably not enough points to point your way in, it would be close, but if you won a race you'd be in. At least that's the way I understand it.

I agree to a point. But that doesn't excuse her from spinning into the wall while under the pace car, scrubbing in her tires. Along with a host of other stupid, expensive mistakes.

I don't really follow nascar but isn't she the driver that more or less wrecked her truck every race in the nascar truck series? Is she another Danica Patrick?........
Yes, and yes. I think she, (Deegan), was in competition with Cobb to see who could wreck the most equipment. I believe Deegan would have won that competition, based on the fact her team could afford more equipment for her to wreck.

She's a lousy driver compared to her peers, but nobody here would have the slightest chance of beating her. There, done.

Some fans (mostly newbs) watch for the crashes, so there's that. :ROFLMAO:

Race cars with power steering don't need a crazy amount of strength, or physical endurance. Its certainly not cross country skiing or motocross....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4456887/ This study seems to show that on average males have about a 1/100th of a second advantage in reaction times though, which is quite significant in racing, but the study also showed that people who exercise more tend to have better reaction times, and most boys tend to do more activities that sharpen reaction times than girls IMO.

My boys do alpine ski racing which has slightly more girls than boys participating in my area, and until the boys start to develop higher strength to weight ratios at 12,13+, its not uncommon for girls to win races overall by significant margins. It would be interesting to find the top college boy/man ski racer with about the same strength to weight ratio as Mikayla Shiffrin, and see how they compare on the same slalom or GS course. But ski racing is much much more dependent on physical strength than auto racing.

I still think in wheel to wheel racing/karting the boys out number girls by a huge margin and the girls tend to get raced "dirty" by boys that would rather crash than be cleanly beat by a girl.
Online sim racing where girls can compete anonymously would equal the playing field but I suspect the male:female ratio is like 50:1, so the odds are against girls really standing out.

I have no doubt that there are woman drivers out there who could whoop some...........

But a last name adds nothing to ability, maybe opportunity, but if you suck, you suck=Dale Jr. for example

Back