Broken Recliner

Recliner chair will not return all the way to upright position. Already looked at YouTube. This one is old school. Has large lever on side. No cables, switches, motors. Appears to be mid century European with red leather like upholstery.

Just a guess. Your wallet or something jamming things up?

Recliner chair will not return all the way to upright position. Already looked at YouTube. This one is old school. Has large lever on side. No cables, switches, motors. Appears to be mid century European with red leather like upholstery.
There should be a manufacturer tag somewhere on the chair.
If it’s a La-Z-Boy, get another recliner that IS NOT a La-Z-Boy. La-Z-Boy quality has hit rock bottom.

No info tab. I seriously doubt it is LB. Found slip of paper w/Seat I.D.92014 25689. Was very comfortable. I think relative brought back from Holland. Loaned out to another relative recuperating from surgery. Kids broke it while there. Am not a fan of recliners but this one was great. does this like any particular brand. we got it in the 90's.

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_131413_burst_01.jpg
    IMG_20231207_131413_burst_01.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20231207_131259.jpg
    IMG_20231207_131259.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 29
I would bet something is bent.

Take a close look at the second picture near the chrome piece where the chair pivots side to side. There are rods that come from either side and were joined in the middle by a welded coupling. The weld broke. Above that is a ratcheting assembly that is out of position. Are Lazyboy or others built like that?

looks like it was about ready for the reupholsters or dump.
probably not designed for bigger americans or kids jumping on it.
I'd call it an office chair more than a recliner

A reclining office chair? We will have it re upholstered if I can get it fixed. Don't think something like it is made anymore.

Take a close look at the second picture near the chrome piece where the chair pivots side to side. There are rods that come from either side and were joined in the middle by a welded coupling. The weld broke. Above that is a ratcheting assembly that is out of position. Are Lazyboy or others built like that?
Yes, La-Z-Boy recliners have a ratcheting action.
That base looks dangerous. Why would any chair company put that sort of base on a recliner? Has anyone ever flipped over in an office chair having that style of base?
Don’t try to fix that thing.
By the way, La-Z-Boy once made reclining office chairs.

Last edited:
Back